Food

ChloeCrull

Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, California
Btw, I've used the site you had given me, so for now I've written down 20 herbs and plants I know that can grow here, and are all eatable (leaf and flower), so I will start on ordering some seeds for next year:)
I've also found a dutch site wich sells reptile lambs and also some tortoise food, they sell a seedmix for tortoises, so I'm gonna give them a call this week see what their about. If they sound ligit and everything I will certainly leave a link here. They've got an on line shop gr

I'm glad you found the list helpful. I always keep a copy on my phone. I planted some cilantro earlier this year, and it was very fun. I'm looking forward to hearing about your phone call experience. What's the company's name?

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
some herbs are okay like red clover but you can also buy seed mix for testudo online

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is copied from Tom's thread/post......

Mulberry leaves
Grape vine leaves
Hibiscus leaves
African hibiscus leaves
Blue hibiscus leaves
Rose of Sharon leaves
Rose leaves
Geraniums
Gazanias
Lavatera
Pansies
Petunias
Hostas
Honeysuckle
Cape honeysuckle
Leaves and blooms from any squash plant, like pumpkin, cucumber, summer squash, etc...
Young spineless opuntia cactus pads

Weeds:
There are soooooooo many...
Dandelion
Mallow
Filaree
Smooth Sow thistle
Prickly Sow thistle
Milk thistle
Goat head weed
Cats ear
Nettles
Trefoil
Wild onion
Wild mustard
Wild Garlic
Clovers
Broadleaf plantain
Narrow leaf plantain
Chick weed
Hawksbit
Hensbit
Hawksbeard

jorn

Neeroeteren, Limburg, Belgium
I checked the site, and they are pretty ligit. It's an older couple wich has been holding tortoises for a while now. They know what they're talking about so I'm gonna order a bag, and for now rely on one of my friends well knowledge of his own herb and flower garden:)

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Seed mixes are great! And they are a lot of fun too. You never know what is going to sprout next. :)

Manish MAthew

INDIA
Is Cuttle Fish bone is good for tortoise..?? I have a star tortoise.?? I feed him carrots, cabbage, cucumber and some leaves of rose and also on weekends i feed him tomatoes and apple.
Should I go for cuttle fish..?? Because in India we won't get any calcium supplements.. So it will be great help if suggest any alternative for calcium supplements..

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Is Cuttle Fish bone is good for tortoise..?? I have a star tortoise.?? I feed him carrots, cabbage, cucumber and some leaves of rose and also on weekends i feed him tomatoes and apple.
Should I go for cuttle fish..?? Because in India we won't get any calcium supplements.. So it will be great help if suggest any alternative for calcium supplements..
I've been raising torts for almost 17 years ! I feed only one calcium supplement it is egg shells ! I dry them out for 2-3 days and then run them though a coffee grinder and put the powder lightly over their food !

Manish MAthew

INDIA
@JoesMum @Grandpa Turtle 144
Is cuttle fish bone comes different for different animals. Actually we don't have any particular reptile shop I saw the cuttle fish bone in Amazon.com and it was for birds.. So can I use that one..?? or is it necessary to buy a bone especially made for reptiles..??

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yes. Cuttlefish bone is always sold for birds. In the UK we go to the pet shop bird section for them and not the reptile section

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
www.thetortoisetable.org.uk is a good guide to what is safe to feed your tort regularly, in moderation or not at all.
There are lots of pics too so you can check the ID of plants.