Food food food :)

EwokLudmilla

Hi everyone!
I was wondering what food you must give Hermann's tortoises on a daily basis...? Are pellets a good idea or is it better to stick with fresh vegetables/leaves/weeds and a cuttle fish bone only?
Thank you

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi everyone!
I was wondering what food you must give Hermann's tortoises on a daily basis...? Are pellets a good idea or is it better to stick with fresh vegetables/leaves/weeds and a cuttle fish bone only?
Thank you

Hi, and a very warm welcome to the forum! :tort:

Please read the "Beginners Mistakes" Thread, and care sheets. There is also a section on tort diet. That will definitely help you. :)

Any pics of your tort and his/her enclosure? ;)

EwokLudmilla

Thank you! Will send a picture of the enclosure tomorrow and i will be sure to check out the beginner's mistakes!

On a daily basis I give a variety of foods. Mainly fresh items and I switch it up everyday. ( I grow 98% of all my stuff ) Examples, lambs lettuce, dandelions, clover, a variety of desert broad leaf weeds, cactus, and I could go on. Have a lot of different treat foods too that I switch up too. ----------- I will say I do have pellets. I put a couple of pellets in the bottom of his food dish everyday. Sometimes he nibbles on them most days he totally ignores them. I put them in there for a variety factor and if I happen to be gone for a long day of work. Makes me feel better he at least has some access to food that's not wilted and gross. This is just what I do, hope it helps a little.