Food Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixx

5 Year Member
I have a Sulcata Tortoise and he eats normal foods like grass and mulberry leaves. He is very healthy. Our neighbor had a huge mulberry tree, and now they are sadly cutting it down. I was wondering if anyone knows if Sulcatas can eat any kind of leaves? Are there trees I should stay away from? Thanks in advance.

sixx

5 Year Member
Alright, I'll look for some other forums. Thanks anyways.

mercurysmom

5 Year Member
The only leaves that I know are for sure safe for tortoises are grape leaves. Otherwise I don't know, lol.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
sixx said:
Alright, I'll look for some other forums. Thanks anyways.

You do need to give us some time to answer you. You can go to another forum if you want. However, be very careful. Lots of bad info out there. Of course mulberry they can have. Rose of Sharon and hibicus also. You can also look for more leaves on thetortoisetable.org
BTW Hello and Welcome:) Hope you decide to stick around and have a little patients. It won't take long and someone will get to you.

M

Maggie Cummings

I agree that you need to have more patience. Give someone a chance to answer you, not every body just knows the answer to your question right away.
However, I hope you will stay and take advantage of the information you can get here.I'm including a link to some Sulcata information that I really like.

http://africantortoise.com/

Masin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
You posted pretty late/early for a lot of folks on the forum yet that doesn't excuse being snippy that no one answered straight away.
I hope it was just late and you were concerned and not actually meaning to be so sassy :]
There are tons of things your little guy or gal can eat, simply use the search function within the forum and you'll be set for days on reading materials and lists :) hope that helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.