First time tortoise owner - advice needed please!

adeegee

Hi, apologies if these have been asked several times already, but I had a quick look through the forums and couldn't find a definitive answer!

I was previously a leopard gecko owner which sadly passed away. I will shortly be getting an approximate 1 year old horsefield tortoise, and I was wondering if someone can help me with the following dilemma's I have!

1. I am aware that the general advice for a tortoise table is to go as large as possible...I am slightly limited for space and have seen one which is 40"x19"x8" which would fit perfectly in the room. I realise I may have to go for a bigger one as the tortoise gets older, but would this be suitable for the time being? And what sort of age would I be able to use this until (approximately)?

2. My other issue is with lighting. The table comes with a piece of wood which I can clamp a light bulb onto - I was going to use this for a basking bulb. I believe you can get a combined bulb for basking and for UV, but the consensus seems to be it is better to do it seperately. So I was looking at the fluoroscent UV tubes, but I don't really understand how to attach this to the tortoise table? Also, can anyone recommend the best one to use?

Thanks in advance!