First Post

Zouwu

Location (City and/or State)
Salt Lake City Utah
[QUOTE="Ray--Opo, post:. Once I painted it held in the humidity great. I then added a cam so I could keep a eye on Opo all the time with my phone.[/QUOTE]

This is very important....what type of pet cam do you use and do you like it?

Ok cool. Assuming the acurite is accurate I'm good to go on daytime humidity and temps but nightime I think I will get a stronger bulb. Then I'll use a similar insulation method that I use with the crabs.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Yeah we call it a shell shop because believe it or not crabs have preferences for size, shell type, shell opening, opening size, coil length, shell weight, color etc.

They also need more substrate than tortoises too funny enough. But they are fun, they climb, the dig, they run, they chirp, they swim, they bounce and sometimes try to fly.

I've always looked at hermit crabs in the pet store and wondered why would anybody keep those as pets?

Wow! I had no idea they were so entertaining! Learn something new every day! [emoji886]

Zouwu

Salt Lake City Utah
I've always looked at hermit crabs in the pet store and wondered why would anybody keep those as pets?

Wow! I had no idea they were so entertaining! Learn something new every day! [emoji886]
Yeah and in the US you can order some exotics that you can't get in the pet store. Once I start/finish my new build I'm getting those.

Luckily you learn how to keep the humidity and temps up. We use moss pits because the crabs like to dig around in them. Since Donatello started nibbling at the moss I put it in a plastic cup, filled it with water and put it under the heat lamp. It is a HUMIDITY BOMB. Keep in mind my acurite is 15° under for humidity. So stoked. KIMG1940.jpegKIMG1941.jpegKIMG1942.jpeg