First Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingsqueak

5 Year Member
An eastern hognose snake :)

I was only four, but he was my snake. The only thing I asked for for Christmas was a pet snake. That's all I wanted for months. I was only four, so I didn't take care of him all on my own, but I helped with all of his care and I was the only one to handle him. He loved my bright red Little Mermaid wig :) He didn't really have a name--I tended to only give animals and toys names because other people expected me to name things, so I just told people a different name every week.

Unfortunately, twenty years ago we didn't know not to use heat rocks and there was an accident. My mother got really sick one night while we were over at her friend's home and we couldn't make it home. The heat rock got left on over night and had a temperature spike that killed my snake. I didn't talk to my mother for over a month.

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Worcester, MA
I lived on a farm, many chickens, many ducks, a few geese, 2 dogs a few cats and about 6 to 8 horses, none were actually mine until I turned 6. I was given a black mutt dog who I named Bengi, about a 2 years later he was shot dead, by someone trying to steal a horse. He never got a horse, because the other dogs warned the family, and herded the horse back to the barn. They caught the guy because I guess even when he was shot Bengi bit his arm pretty good, even back then a dog bite had to be reported.

Not a happy story, but my second animal was a cat, names Spooky, who lived 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.