First Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ra94131

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
My first real pet (ie. not just something wild I just brought inside...) was a Southern Alligator Lizard named Gator. He was an adult when I got him in elementary school and I had him until he died when I was in high school.

I also had a Ball Python named Fred from middle school until my brother took over his care when I went to college.

Both of them were great pets. Thinking back I can't believe all the things I did wrong based on the advice of pet stores and outdated books... but I guess we've all been there.

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
ra94131 said:
My first real pet (ie. not just something wild I just brought inside...) was a Southern Alligator Lizard named Gator. He was an adult when I got him in elementary school and I had him until he died when I was in high school.

I also had a Ball Python named Fred from middle school until my brother took over his care when I went to college.

Both of them were great pets. Thinking back I can't believe all the things I did wrong based on the advice of pet stores and outdated books... but I guess we've all been there.

Yeah I accidentally dropped the light inside my eels tank, luckily he survived. I bet we have all made mistake over the years with age and ignorance.

tortugatamer

5 Year Member
Texas
My first pet was a Silkie chicken named Boots. But my first pet I remember Was Pinocchio a Res that came with the small circle tank and horrid smelling feed. When I got him I demanded that we get him a better home and studied about res every night after homework. I would catch him tadpoles, minnows, crawfish, and grew water plants in his tank that I collected from the lake near our house. Well Pinocchio grew and soon the 10 gallon tank was too small, at least in my mind. So I set him free at the lake. I like to think he still lives there.

Sent from my MB865 using TortForum mobile app

animalfreak

5 Year Member
Dallas Texas BABY!
I remember being little with fish haha! But I still remember one Christmas when I was probably around 5 when Santa got me a brown bunny rabbit! We called him bugsy and soon had to give him to my friend from church because of all the mice. ((They had a farm)). A year or so later he accidentally got out. Since then though I've been a huge animal lover just like my parents!! I have had a beta, 3 bearded dragons, a sulcata tortoise, and now ((because of bad experiences with other pets)) I own a 10 week old grey pearl cockatiel. They're australian birds and her name Kora in australian means a companion. :D But we've also had a ball python, a wonderful golden retriever wr still own, fish, finches, a cockatiel, and when I bought my cockatiel my whole family ended up with a new finch, a parakeet for my little sister, and by winning a raffle ((second ticket because the person DIDNT show)) my little brother got 2 diamond back doves. Plus my grandma got herself an English budgie. ((Sorry haha really long!^^)) I'm 12 and a huge animal person!!

Status
Not open for further replies.