Fertilizer

aidenb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saskatchewan, Canada
If our lawn was fertilized at the start of the year how long should I wait before allowing the torts to graze again? I have grass in boxes for now but a sulcata bulldozes it pretty fast.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I'd wait a good year minimum, maybe two. It gets absorbed into the dirt, so may still be in the grass feeding it. I'm no fertilizer or geotechnical engineer but I'd imagine it would still be utilized for a good annual season.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
If our lawn was fertilized at the start of the year how long should I wait before allowing the torts to graze again? I have grass in boxes for now but a sulcata bulldozes it pretty fast.
A few months is fine for the fertilizers to go away, but only feed new growth now :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Unfortunately, no! If it was at the start of this year, soon should be fine. Couple more months :D

aidenb

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
Our season is only til end of August. Then it's too cold. I have big Rubbermaid tubs with grass growing in the I can let them graze in. Just not as much room but they still get outside in the sun.

turtlemanfla88

I might be able to help you. I need some info what products were used?, how much was applied?,was it a liquid?, quick release granular or slow release granular?,how much rain did you get since application, did you water it in after application?. What was the last date of application
how many times has it been mowed since application?.
Mark