how to remove fertilizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, Va
My fiancee and myself recently moved into a new town house with a lil back yard, perfect for a young sully to explore. Unfortunately the previous tenant fertilized the yard, how do you think I should go about removing the fertilizer granules?

I was thinking to water it down and use an outdoor broom to brush the grass and remove as much as possible.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I am sure that it is already in the dirt and absorbed into the grass roots. I would say the safest thing would be keep your tort off the grass for a couple months at least. That is what I would do anyway.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Father Time and Mother Nature will remove it for you... in about three months.

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Three months is the most that it would take in the summer. If you have their number or a way to call them ask it it was a "Weed and Feed" containing Atrazine as I would wait till next year if that is the case.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
elegans said:
Three months is the most that it would take in the summer. If you have their number or a way to call them ask it it was a "Weed and Feed" containing Atrazine as I would wait till next year if that is the case.

Just wanted to tell you that we all love and appreciate these tidbits from a pro. Thank you. I would never have known what Atrazine is, or that there is a fertilizer that takes a full year to dissipate. Please keep sharing this nursery stuff with us.:)

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Yes, thank you very much. It is going to be getting colder here soon. So livingstone will be inside... Im only going to put her out when the temps are up starting next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.