Favorite food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teneb

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
What's your greek's favorite food?

Watson loves peppers - we've given him green and orange so far. He'll nose through his salad and pick out the peppers first. I've got a picture of him afterward with a pepper seed stuck to his nose - very cute!

sushisurf13

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
Never tried peppers, but I will!
Each of my Greeks has their own favorite. My Tuga LOVES kale like nothing else. Zephr is addicted to the butt end of red leaf, roamine, ect.. But he hates Kale. My Zeus loves nothing more than a huge pile of peas in the pod.
Two of my babies are addicted to escrole and arugula. They are the only ones that will get near arugula.
And my marginateds (Margie and Extra) EAT EVERYTHING.
To each his own, they all have their own unique tastes.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I think my hatchlings favorites are hibiscus flowers and grape leaves, Heck they eat anything I put in front of them. Echo my female loves red leaf lettuce but does not get that often. she is taking a liking to grapeleaves these days. Ajax eats anything. but his altime favorite is wandering jew. But My other male Rusty now he Loves hibiscus flowers. I think he would climb a mountain to get to them. Because I grow most of their food during spring and summer I have not tried peppers, arugula or escrole, no peas in or out of pods for the hatchlings. The Adults have had everything but peas. All my torts also like cats tongue as a special treat. Come winter I will be moving on to fill in the gaps with organic spring mix so the hatchlings may get to try some of the other things then.

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
Never tried peppers before, but I'll consider it. Right now my greeks' favorites are dandelions, lettuces (romaine, red/green leaf) and variety of weeds. They like kale and many type of flowers too, although I think they like dandelions and lettuces more. During summer time when the weather's hot, they would eat almost everything in sight; I don't have weeds in my garden anymore :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.