1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Your Hermanns Favorite Food

Discussion in 'Hermanns tortoises' started by Justin90, May 18, 2017.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. jr7162

jr7162 New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Augusta KS
    My hermanns is about a month and a half old. Loves clover and pansy flowers and leaves. Im here in Kansas and the clover is getting thin this time of year so I have started some dandelion and chicory from seeds. I cant get him to eat any pellets. I have offered the mazuri and Rep-Cal but is always left untouched. Is he getting the vitamins he needs just from the leaves and flowers?
  2. Creole_gal

Creole_gal New Member

Fresno,ca

I feed Gambi (Tortoise) Butte lettuce,kale, water melon and strawerries....her favorite is the butter lettuce lol
  3. MyboyWilfred

MyboyWilfred New Member

Weatherford, Texas
    My hermanns likes collard, mustard, and turnip greens so far. I haven’t had him very long but so far his favorite treat is tomatoes. He hates carrots and doesn’t especially care for butternut squash.:):p