Extreme sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, CO
so does anybody do any "extreme sports" on their free time? i LOVE to snowboard and skateboard... anyone else have any fun hobbies such as these or any others? :D

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Stoney creek ontario
yep used to bmx for 14 years went amature went all over the states the shattred a knee cap no more bmx for me well seriouse bmx still just screw around

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I walk to the mailbox, does that count?

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
bobbymoore said:
yep used to bmx for 14 years went amature went all over the states the shattred a knee cap no more bmx for me well seriouse bmx still just screw around

i raced a couple am races here in Colorado with PPBMX, i have a track at my HS and i used to ride everyday for a long time! messed up my fork and never got it fixed :(

dmmj said:
I walk to the mailbox, does that count?

yes it does. lol

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
bobbymoore said:
i used to have dirt jumps in my back yard but they are gone now

thats awesome :] i used to live at the base of the mountain and there were some jumps made by some guy and his kids using a bobcat! i rode there for a while and then moved. bmx is fun, but i am to lazy to get a new fork lol

the pic was taken in 08... first start of it... it is now 2x as big and the jumps are massive... just to share interest :]

Attachments

• 2092766656_2a750fcba4_b.jpg
    2092766656_2a750fcba4_b.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 14

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I watch baseball and basketball. It can get pretty dangerous. I have to dodge balls, duck and cover (heads up does not mean look up),I have been knocked out by a baseball and have had big high school basketball players fall on me. I guess I am an extrem spectator :)

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
fbsmith - Thats cool :) How long did you train horses for?
I work with a lot of "difficult" and young horses when I can. I'm currently training to be a riding instructor. I do a lot of, well people call it "natural horsemanship", i just called it horsemanship :p

Haha Angi!
Extreme spectator! Sounds like it too!

I think I might have to tell my BF that one. The amount of times hes had to get out of the way of horses hooves, body parts and just generally stay away is funny! First time he met my horse, another horse at the yard ended up galloping straight towards him and almost jumped the fence he was stood at. I've never seen anyone go so white!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Working out side with sandals while being chased by a tort who thinks your toes are food is as extreme as I get right now...

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
stephiiberrybean said:
fbsmith - Thats cool :) How long did you train horses for?
I work with a lot of "difficult" and young horses when I can. I'm currently training to be a riding instructor.

My Mom has a Ranch. I rode horses before I could walk. My Mother said I had a way with animals, some time when I was around 10 I started "working" with the more difficult ponies.

Then around 12 I got to be the lucky boy to ride horses who never saw a saddle. I kept riding green horses until I went moved away.

My Mother always asks if I want to "try to help a freind or neighbor with a difficult horse." I'm 42 now and don't think I could handle being dumped without breaking something.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
fbsmith3 said:
My Mom has a Ranch. I rode horses before I could walk. My Mother said I had a way with animals, some time when I was around 10 I started "working" with the more difficult ponies.

Then around 12 I got to be the lucky boy to ride horses who never saw a saddle. I kept riding green horses until I went moved away.

My Mother always asks if I want to "try to help a freind or neighbor with a difficult horse." I'm 42 now and don't think I could handle being dumped without breaking something.

Oh wow :)
I've been riding since I was two. I'm not lucky enough to own my own yard. We have some land at my aunties which we keep our two retired mares on.

Id love my own yard though so I could help more horses :)
I do everything bareback and as much bridleless as possible! I don't very often put a bit near my horses except for dressage and hacking on the busy roads - for safety and its also illegal not too! I try to wear a dr cooks bitless bridle as much as possible as a bridle!

My mum is on your side, she refuses to get on the back of a horse now! Says she'll break not bounce! Mind you so would i! With all my joint problems. Doesn't stop me though!

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Well as a kid, before a saddle I would lean on their backs and try to sit on them. Usually they were so used to me, it was no big deal. Now getting them used to a saddle sometime was very difficult.

I don't mind riding a horse, it's my mothers version of helping with a difficult horse I have no interest in.

Status
Not open for further replies.