Elvis hasn't eaten yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pueblo West
Elvis hasn't eaten yet ( I got him Tuesday)home late afternoon,vet the next day, so yesterday was the first full day here...
is there anything I should be doing?
I have been soaking him daily and he did have a movement today
should I just leave him to come around
on the other hand Myrtle is doing GREAT! if Yerdel comes out to eat she follows right along and chows down.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would give him a little more time. That was a lot, on top if a new enclosure and owner. Keep soaking and offering food. Also, if you haven't, add some plants to the enclosure, gives them some coverage and little more security.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
There are lots of plants in the enclosure it is actually where he has been mostly hangin

wellington said:
I would give him a little more time. That was a lot, on top if a new enclosure and owner. Keep soaking and offering food. Also, if you haven't, add some plants to the enclosure, gives them some coverage and little more security.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Try and give him as much space as possible so he can settle in, and keep up with offering food and baths. :)

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Sounds like he is off to a great start - I love hearing it when new tortoises get sent in for a check-up first thing! :)
Yes, keep up the daily soaks, and offer food daily, and just be patient. You might weigh your tortoises now, to get a baseline... that way you can see in a few weeks/months if they are thriving.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
he ate a small amt today so step in the right direction

biochemnerd808 said:
Sounds like he is off to a great start - I love hearing it when new tortoises get sent in for a check-up first thing! :)
Yes, keep up the daily soaks, and offer food daily, and just be patient. You might weigh your tortoises now, to get a baseline... that way you can see in a few weeks/months if they are thriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.