Poor Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

knechtion53

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF East Bay Area
yagyujubei said:
I'd be furious, but there's really not much you can do. Is the grass on your side of the fence now paint splattered as well? You might want to mow that. It's hard to get workers like that to be careful. Their boss is breathing down their necks to hurry and get done. It's probably best to remove the animals until the workers are gone to be safe in the future, rather than try to change their work habits. On another note, he looks kind of cool with his new camo.

Most of the grass/weeds have been eaten in his area so I feed him from what I grow in another part of my yard, some store bought greens and Mazuri. Thanks, I have had several people say he looks kind of cool with his "spots".

Arnold_rules said:
knechtion53 said:
One of the tall fences of Elvis' enclosure is a shared fence with a neighbor. The neighbor hired some workers to replace the fence. We spoke with these workers and asked them to come to our house before they started on that section so we could move Elvis while they worked.
They started work on 3 separate occasions without letting us know but fortunately we were alerted by the noise each time so we came out to move him or at least make sure he was not in their way. Each time I asked them again to please let us know first the next time they were working.
I was out of town on Saturday but my husband was home and had fed and watered Elvis. Apparently, the workers returned again to stain the fence in the late afternoon early evening. My husband did not hear them that time. When I went out to tend to him Sunday morning I found him full of spatter from the staining of the fence. Not only was he spattered but his soaking pool, water dishes and one of his house/hides were covered in the spots.
Thankfully, Elvis seems to be unaffected by the stain but I do not know how or if I will ever be able to get this stuff off of him.
I am angered and saddened at the level of disreguard and disrespect for this amazing creature that has be shown by those workers.

May be Elvis secretly asked the workers to spray him so that he could start dating Leopard Tortoises. :D

I hope he comes through this without any harm. I know how frustrating it can be and always get concerned when anyone works in my back yard around my tortoise habitat.

Lol, perhaps! Thanks for your concern.

lkwagner said:
I wonder if they did it on purpose

I shutter to think that might be true!

Status
Not open for further replies.