El Dorado Mini Tort Show Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

maevamichelle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Went to the Mini Show @ El Dorado Nature Center, Long Beach,CA
Here's the link for pics, was lots of fun and sooooo many "wild" turtles that lived on the reserve we were able to see just by walking the hiking trails.
Link is to my Facebook photo album you don't need to have a FaceBook account to view, just click the link!
I probably mis labled some tortoise/turtle types... I'm a newbie at identification maybe you can re label so others aren't mislead ^^/

-Enjoy
El Dorado Mini Tort Show Pics

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can see why you would be confused at identifying the tortoises. I saw several tubs that contained different kinds of tortoise in the same tub...Russians and Hermanns, Sulcatas and desert tortoises. I'm really surprised that the members of CTTC don't know to not mix species! Shame, shame! :(

Thanks for sharing your pictures. That place is really beautiful. Are you the one towards the end with the pink hoodie on? And were those your children?

Yvonne

maevamichelle

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
yeah lol
Ive got 3, Briauna 5 yrs, Ethan 4 yrs, Aubrey 2 yrs, that's me pictured with them, wearing the "you'll never get over me" tshirt >.> hehe
I dragged my mom, my two sisters, and a brother, oh and my sisters bf all to this show, hehe.
They had fun though, there's another one May 17th CTTC Long Bch website has the info, and we all can't wait for the big Reptile show in San Diego in June!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Great pictures Maeva :)

I'm not seeing any mixed tortoises.
Picture 4 looks like it's an Elongated tortoise on the left and a Desert tortoise on the right.
Picture 5 are all Desert tortoises
Picture 7 are all Russian tortoises

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh Boy! I get to disagree with Danny. In picture 5, the one with the desert tortoise babies in the green pool-like tub...there are two sulcata babies in the tub towards the bottom of the picture. But I guess I was mistaken about picture 7. I thought the larger tortoise in the tub was a Russian.

Yvonne

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
LOL Yvonne :) I took a closer look at picture 5 and they all have nuchal scutes, just that some are small and light colored.
You were right Yvonne the big ones are Russians and the little ones are too.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.