Driving Leopard Tortoise Around in Car

Nsav

Location (City and/or State)
Robbinsville NJ
A state trooper stopped me on I-95 when I was driving around with my leopard tortoise, Desmond, in the front seat without a seatbelt.

“What are you doing with that turtle?” He exclaimed, “you should take it to the zoo!” Luckily, he didn’t give me a ticket.

A week later, the same cop pulled me over on the New Jersey Turnpike and, again, saw my leopard tortoise in the front seat without a seatbelt. Des and I were both wearing sunglasses.

“I thought you were going to take that turtle to the zoo,” he said, as he pulled out his summons book.

“I did,” I replied. “We had such a good time we are going to the beach this weekend.”

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I appreciate your particular wordsmithing good person!!! May I suggest a thread that may suit thee well- tis the Nuthouse where fine jokes like this live in harmony!!

Nsav

Robbinsville NJ
Hey Blackdog — I will heed your advice and enter the Nuthouse (at my own risk)! Thank you.

But before I do, here’s a parting story on this generic thread:

Three tortoises tried escaping an asylum.

While walking, the first one, a Sulcata, said, “if there’s a tall fence, we’ll dig under it.”

The second one, a Pancake, said, “if there’s a short fence, we’ll climb over it.”

The third one, a Hingeback, walked forward, and said, “guys, we are totally screwed. There's no fence.”

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
A state trooper stopped me on I-95 when I was driving around with my leopard tortoise, Desmond, in the front seat without a seatbelt.

“What are you doing with that turtle?” He exclaimed, “you should take it to the zoo!” Luckily, he didn’t give me a ticket.

A week later, the same cop pulled me over on the New Jersey Turnpike and, again, saw my leopard tortoise in the front seat without a seatbelt. Des and I were both wearing sunglasses.

“I thought you were going to take that turtle to the zoo,” he said, as he pulled out his summons book.

“I did,” I replied. “We had such a good time we are going to the beach this weekend.”
That joke is older than I am....79...Groucho Marx told it 100 years ago...also I saw an elephant in my pajamas....how he got in my pajamas I'll never know....