Double layered tortoise enclosure

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
I almost wanted to build one from LEGO šŸ¤£

I made a thread about that a while back. Regular LEGO blocks cost far too much for a standard 8ft x 4ft enclosure. Even the alternative larger blocks like Duplo or Everblocks would cost as much if not more than a pre-made animal plastics version.

Idahorosie1

EL PASO
I like the idea of a 2 story. Will it work for a box turtle? I think plexiglass sides may work to keep in the humidity. I use that for my hermit crabs and it keeps up the humidity no problem. I have small openings so there is good air exchange.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Brian, I just found this thread. Wait til you see this! A member here built a 2 story indoor enclosure 8 x 16! With 2 levels...for a sulcata! Too bad its not a closed chamber, but you're gonna love it!

And @Minority2 , he says his sully goes up and down multiple times/day.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Brian, I just found this thread. Wait til you see this! A member here built a 2 story indoor enclosure 8 x 16! With 2 levels...for a sulcata! Too bad its not a closed chamber, but you're gonna love it!

Yeah well about that my mother said she was just joking and she looked super serious but Iā€™ll check it out Iā€™ll somehow try to get some space for my tortoise

Minority2

Tortoise Hell

I remember this thread. This was the example I was thinking of because it was so large and spacious, an outlier of sorts for when it comes to 2 level enclosures. Notice how the builder installed multiple heating and lighting sources throughout both levels of the enclosure. I suggest doing exactly that in a number of multi-level enclosures threads but this member is the only person I've seen that actually does it.