Double layered tortoise enclosure

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
I almost wanted to build one from LEGO ?

I made a thread about that a while back. Regular LEGO blocks cost far too much for a standard 8ft x 4ft enclosure. Even the alternative larger blocks like Duplo or Everblocks would cost as much if not more than a pre-made animal plastics version.

Idahorosie1

EL PASO
I like the idea of a 2 story. Will it work for a box turtle? I think plexiglass sides may work to keep in the humidity. I use that for my hermit crabs and it keeps up the humidity no problem. I have small openings so there is good air exchange.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Brian, I just found this thread. Wait til you see this! A member here built a 2 story indoor enclosure 8 x 16! With 2 levels...for a sulcata! Too bad its not a closed chamber, but you're gonna love it!

And @Minority2 , he says his sully goes up and down multiple times/day.

Brian Nicoleau

Massachusetts
Brian, I just found this thread. Wait til you see this! A member here built a 2 story indoor enclosure 8 x 16! With 2 levels...for a sulcata! Too bad its not a closed chamber, but you're gonna love it!

Yeah well about that my mother said she was just joking and she looked super serious but I’ll check it out I’ll somehow try to get some space for my tortoise

Minority2

Tortoise Hell

I remember this thread. This was the example I was thinking of because it was so large and spacious, an outlier of sorts for when it comes to 2 level enclosures. Notice how the builder installed multiple heating and lighting sources throughout both levels of the enclosure. I suggest doing exactly that in a number of multi-level enclosures threads but this member is the only person I've seen that actually does it.