Desert Tortoise at ASU

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
There's usually snakes and lizards on display inside the life sciences building at Arizona State University. So I was surprised one day when I was walking by it and saw a desert tortoise.

It's housed together with something called Desert Grassland Whiptail. The tortoise has been in the same corner like that the last two times I walked by it so I haven't even been able to see its face.

Just thought I'd share.
2012-11-15 11.39.33.jpg
2012-11-15 11.41.01.jpg
2012-11-15 11.40.00.jpg
2012-11-15 11.40.10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

dcwolfe

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I have seen the same tortoise in that science building, they also have some crazy snakes in there. What are you studying there and what year are you?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The tortoise has been there for awhile, but maybe they moved him. I parked by the practice field and had to walk all the way to the W.P. Carey buildings. I would walk through the life sciences building everyday to check out the tortoise and the other things they have there. He used to be in the last cage or second to last cage towards the south exit.

The albino rattlesnake they have on display is very cool. I've taken my scout group there a few times, and he's always put on a show for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.