Dalmatian Tortoise 2 years old, outside enclosure sleeps ALOT, is that normal?

Hummelchronicles

Location (City and/or State)
germany
Hi there,
I have two tortoises for about a year, my younger one she is a Dalmatian and she is 2 years old. She has a garden enclosure, however in the last 2 and half months I have noticed that unless I wake her up to let her know that there is fresh food she sleeps all day. Only when I wake her up she takes couple of bites and goes back to her cave to sleep. It has been warm here, there is sunsine almost everyday. I do not understand. She doe not want to walk around. She wants to sleep all day.
She has clear eyes, and nostrils, her skin and shell looks also healthy.
She deos not seem too weak.
do you guys think she is normal ? should I do something about it? and what can I do about it?
sorry for the typing on the title I meant : "outside enclosure"

Last edited:

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Welcome to the forum. I do not raise Dalmatian torts but , if your temps are not right, they will not eat. They have to have a basking spot of between 95 to 100 to digest there food.
Ok, if you could post pictures of your enclosure, temps, how you take care of her, someone with a bit more experience with these torts can help you out.

Hummelchronicles

germany
here are some pictures of the outside enclosure, Plus I have read all the possible article I can find regarding tortoise care but i am still not sure about my Elenor

Attachments

• 20190607_155441.jpg
    20190607_155441.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20190607_155505.jpg
    20190607_155505.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11