Currently building a outdoor enclosure...

pebbles

5 Year Member
I'm currently building a outdoor enclosure for my Sulcata Tortoise, Pebbles. I currently moved from my family home and into my own apartment. It was decided that Pebbles would do best with my family in a home with a big back yard so we are attempting to build him a proper home outside. He is now 6 years old. I need to weigh him again but a couple months ago he was weighing in about 14lbs. I also need to take his measurements again. I believe he is large enough to live outside on his own now. What do you think? This is his current size. :)

I hope this was a okay spot to post my thread! Thank you for viewing! I will be posting again once his home is finished.

ogxqpz.jpg

6fv21t.jpg

11kwbc1.jpg

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Definitely big enough to be outside full time, temperature allowing, or appropriate heated box available. He is a nice looking Sulcata.

pebbles

5 Year Member
I forgot to mention we live in California. Thankfully, it doesn't get too cold here. Thank you, Jodie!

pebbles

5 Year Member
A heated box with electrical wiring, correct? My husband and I are currently looking into this. We want him to be in a happy, adequately warm home.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Looks like he is already doing a taste test and approving this area for him. :)

pebbles

5 Year Member
I think so too. I am really excited about the cage we're building him and now that he spends so much time outside(we take him out for 2/3 hour walks), he doesn't want to go back in the house! It's too funny. He's going to love his freedom when we're officially done with his outdoor enclosure.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I build one for our "Little Pig", He is about two years old and weight about 8 lbs.

This is Little Pig's "Whitehorse"
028.JPG

And his neighborhood.
001 (67).JPG