5x3 enclosure

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
Need a little input guys. I currently have a little leo weighing in at 250grams living in a 24x48 closed chamber. Looking to build a new home for him that's 5ftx3ft and enclosed. Question I have is how long do you think it would take before he outgrows his new home?Here's a pic of him now and the size comparison of his 2ftx4ft enclosure 1388356919332.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's really hard too say, they all grow at their own pace. It should last a year or so. If you could make it 4x6 that would be even better, or add it onto the enclosure you already have.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Will this 5x3 be a new closed chamber or an outside enclosure?

I have a 5x3 pen outside. I use it for the hatchling leopards but a few days ago I put the big guy (6") in there while I did some yard work.
If you want it to be your full time closed chamber I'd say it will be fine until he is 5", 6" may be pushing it. unless he spends the day outside only using the new chamber for nights and cold days.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
It will be in doors. I just bought a house last month and this upcoming summer I think ill be way to busy to make a permanent outdoor enclosure.I will make a temporary one outside but for the most part the planned 5x3 would be chets home for some time. Not sure how long it takes a leo to grow and get large so figured I would ask for opinions.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Then I think you'll be fine.
Build a nice large outdoor enclosure and the 5x3 will last him a long while. Remember, as he gets larger he will spend more time outside. Eventually the 5x3 will just be his night quarters so the size will do even though he gets much bigger.