Cuora Mouhotii

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Harlingen, TX
Does anyone know of someone who works with Keeled Box Turtles (Cuora Mouhotii). They are such fascinating turtles!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
Will he have any available?
Not yet, Michaela. These are his first eggs, and therefor first chance to raise up that subspecies. A few of us have told him that if he sells them we will beat him up!

Stay tuned though. If success continues, you can't keep em all! Heck, I thought I was going to keep all the spengleri we produced. I have 11 right now and I can just about handle it, haha. I'm fine now, but in a few years, oh boy! That's a lot of worms. Hopefully Steve gets his own place soon, or the SSP keeper has me start sending some to zoos :)

jonathan gray

5 Year Member
Anthony, I know this thread is quite old, but whatever happened to your partner's eggs? Has he been successful at subsequent clutches? I hatched six this year, was wondering if he might be interested in trading babies to diversify bloodlines

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
I have found them very hard to get, keepers keep them or trade them with friends. I had one years ago that was fifteen dollars and he was the coolest turtle we ever had.

jonathan gray

5 Year Member
Not yet, Michaela. These are his first eggs, and therefor first chance to raise up that subspecies. A few of us have told him that if he sells them we will beat him up!

Sooo, I'm guessing none of the eggs hatched?