Crap...look

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
#Yvonne...I'm having a cow...I went out to Bob's shed this morning to do my thing and it was almost 100 degrees in there, so I decided to undo the plastic over the window and piles of Styrofoam and mouse turds poured out onto the floor...Knobby was interested in munching on that stuff so I picked it up before I took a picture. You know that I have been having trouble with the mice getting in the walls somehow and pushing out the pink insulation on to the floor... well look at this...they totally chewed out the 5" thick foam insert I fitted into that window, it had aluminum on both sides...nothing left but little balls...I used duct tape and went all along the seems so the pink insulation didn't come out...mice don't like the sticky...so look at how they are getting in...OMG! that's freakin wood...and that foam piece I fitted in the window was solid...I am so frustrated...do I poison the hole then block it off with gorilla tape? Do I poison the hole and not block it off? I need to totally have some one go over that shed and update it or something before I lose it...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You have to be careful using DeCon in the shed because the mice poop out little poison turds, and their little dead bodies also might be poison. And sulcatas will sample everything.

I've got the same mouse thing going on in the walls and ceilings of my sheds, evidenced by all the little Styrofoam beads falling out of the seams.

We've got to figure out how to kill the little devils without harming the tortoises.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
You have to be careful using DeCon in the shed because the mice poop out little poison turds, and their little dead bodies also might be poison. And sulcatas will sample everything.

I've got the same mouse thing going on in the walls and ceilings of my sheds, evidenced by all the little Styrofoam beads falling out of the seams.

We've got to figure out how to kill the little devils without harming the tortoises.
How bout those plug in ultrasonic mouse repellents? I dont know how they work ive never tried

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
These things

Attachments

• 61D4532C-268F-4349-8A0D-C4B3EA02611B.jpeg
    61D4532C-268F-4349-8A0D-C4B3EA02611B.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 4

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest

dry rice or instant mash potatoes. It works. It's not nice.

-Meg

well...in all fairness...what they are doing to my expensive shed isn't nice either...and thanks so much for that link...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have the same problem here in my shed. I bought the "walk the plank" mice killers/catchers. I use those and the snap traps. I have to say though, I dont think there is a way to beat them and still have any animals. I just learn to live with them and kill as many as I can. I set the traps off and on as they seem to catch on quick.