Craigslist?

MrsBruce

I keep seeing where some of y'all have found some turtles on Craigslist here in texas. Since I'm not having much luck finding a box turtle for sale or adopting with no one emailing me back lol :/ do y'all have any suggestions on where I can get a juvenile size box turtle for a reasonable price

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
MrsBruce said:
I keep seeing where some of y'all have found some turtles on Craigslist here in texas. Since I'm not having much luck finding a box turtle for sale or adopting with no one emailing me back lol :/ do y'all have any suggestions on where I can get a juvenile size box turtle for a reasonable price

Where are you located and what is your definition of juvenile? I have some baby three toed and some baby three toed/ornate mix available for the very reasonable fee of $0.00 as long as you can prove you can and will take care of it and if you ever decide that you can not, you promise to get it back to me.

Also, some tips on craigslist postings. I always first and foremost make sure I use their prefered method and if a phone number is listed I always text to make sure they know I have sent an email inquirery. I also ALWAYS tell them in the initial contact what I do, who I am and how their turtle is going to be cared for based on type and age. I make sure they understand that I have experience and that I will give their friend the best care I can. You would be surprised at how many people do not actually care about the money. I also always suggest we meet at a PetSmart. For some reason this comforts people. It is a public place AND a place many associate with good pet care.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
what type of box turtle are you hoping to adopt?