Saving from craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
So these golfs got this box turtle from a rescue and thought it was a female russian tortoise. She can't use her back legs and the gal wants $30 for it. I told her I would take it and doctor it up but that I wouldn't be paying any money for it because it needs doctoring. So my question is, what brand box turtle y'all think it is?

View attachment 39417

Golfs=folks

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Cowboy_Ken said:
So these golfs got this box turtle from a rescue and thought it was a female russian tortoise. She can't use her back legs and the gal wants $30 for it. I told her I would take it and doctor it up but that I wouldn't be paying any money for it because it needs doctoring. So my question is, what brand box turtle y'all think it is?

View attachment 39417

Golfs=folks

Well I hope they let you get it, poor thing! Keep us posted.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The pattern isn't quite right, but I'm still goin' with Eastern.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm waiting to hear back. The gal needed to run the free part past her sister for the ok. Hopefully it goes well in the turtles favor.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If she doesn't except on this first round, maybe offer this up. That you will pay her only after you take her to see a vet. If the vet says there is nothing wrong, then you will pay for her. If the vet says she needs this and that, then you pay nothing for her. We all know by what you said, the vet will for sure find things wrong. Maybe the lady won't be smart enough to figure that one out.

Or, that you will take her to the vet and send them a copy of the receipt. Then they know you aren't just trying to get a free tort.

Good luck, hope they see what you are trying to do for the poor thing, what they should have done. They can at least do this now for it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
wellington said:
If she doesn't except on this first round, maybe offer this up. That you will pay her only after you take her to see a vet. If the vet says there is nothing wrong, then you will pay for her. If the vet says she needs this and that, then you pay nothing for her. We all know by what you said, the vet will for sure find things wrong. Maybe the lady won't be smart enough to figure that one out.

Or, that you will take her to the vet and send them a copy of the receipt. Then they know you aren't just trying to get a free tort.

Good luck, hope they see what you are trying to do for the poor thing, what they should have done. They can at least do this now for it.

I like the receipt idea. That's a good one.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That's the worse boxie I've ever seen. Hope you get her Cowboy.

Thalatte

5 Year Member
sibi said:
That's the worse boxie I've ever seen. Hope you get her Cowboy.

Sadly I have seen much worse. Like a two legged boxie with horrible shell scarring and one eye.

Good luck Cowboy!!!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I hope you get her!! I think she's cute, and I hope she just needs a little TLC.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
In the event I get this turtle, it will need to be in the attachment free zone of my life for the first 6 weeks. Still no phone call. I'll be calling in the morning.

I meant 6 months not 6 weeks. Perhaps my thumb knows me better than I thought.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, if it can't walk , why doesnt she take it to a vet.? hope it works out. good luck.

kjr153

5 Year Member
Craigslist makes me sick. For the most part is is just a bunch of people flipping poor innocent animals to make a quick buck.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Well I've called and left 2 messages today but as if yet, have not gotten a reply. Hopefully all goes well for this box turtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.