Controversial Posts and replies

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Unfortunately, it is not that simple.
Can I use the ignore button on moderators?
Do you really think a mod would be impartial if one were to do so, when they are clearly not already?
Yes you can have your own rules and definitions if they are consistent and possible to understand. Sadly, that is not the case.
Well, I don't know if you can ignore a mod. dmmj says you can, so try it. As for the reprimands you are talking about, I know nothing about them. I do know though, that us mods work pretty hard to have no favoritism, in fact lots of times, if someone is too close to the situation because of a friendship or dislike, etc., they will ask us other mods to please watch a certain thread, as they are to closely involved to be fair. Not to say we don't have those we like better then others, or those we consider friends, but we still try to be fair and the other mode are there to make sure we are. Now, blood will protect blood, and they sure should. But, that blood does not show favoritism. Again, I would like to see the post/threads you are talking about.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
So you can protect the blood?
What would be the point.
It's quite clear what would not happen.
Thank you to the many friends I've made here and your words of encouragement and support here, on other threads and by PM.
I will miss so many of you.
But as expected the mods have gone into self defense mode and anything else would be futile.
I've clearly imagined it all.
So, I'm gone.
bye.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So you can protect the blood?
What would be the point.
It's quite clear what would not happen.
Thank you to the many friends I've made here and your words of encouragement and support here, on other threads and by PM.
I will miss so many of you.
But as expected the mods have gone into self defense mode and anything else would be futile.
I've clearly imagined it all.
So, I'm gone.
bye.

I am so very sorry we haven't been able to make you change your mind Adam; I and many others will miss reading your posts on the forums. I don't know the 'full' story behind this decision but sadly a very valuable member has been lost!
I would like to think that maybe this isn't the last we'll hear of you but just in case it is, I wish you, Tidgy and of course Wifey all the very best for the future.
Thank you for the support and smiles.
Take care and I'm sending you a big Welsh 'cwtch'
Lyn

aztortoisegal

Not sure if this is totally relevant or not, but I always anticipate a not so polite, nearly chastising reply from a member. Like...I figure no matter what I say, that person will have something to say that is probably right on point, but gets lost in the superior, impatient tone it's written.

aztortoisegal

Of course I'm not going to point out who, but I have thick skin, and if I am bothered by it....others must be too.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Not sure if this is totally relevant or not, but I always anticipate a not so polite, nearly chastising reply from a member. Like...I figure no matter what I say, that person will have something to say that is probably right on point, but gets lost in the superior, impatient tone it's written.
If you are talking in general terms then I am sorry that you feel this way. And forum members in general should pay attention to what they say and how they say it. But if you were talking about a specific person then I suggest you PM that person and tell them how you feel. Especially if it has happened more than once.

M

Maggie Cummings

I might get my first “delete".

Both my posts were deleted, I did not break any rules or be rude and I expect a PM to explain why. I was direct, honest, and true. I didn not call names, . Why deleted??? I'll just keep posting them until I'm told why. This is wrong.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Very clear and well written reply. I'm sure you noticed at lunch when you called me out for leaving my hat on at the table I promptly removed it without another word.
No one in their right mind should ever take on a pole cat.
In my opinion the post I commented on was all I said, clear and respectfully written. I'm not sure why it's been deleted. Maybe so the consortium can compare notes?

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Both my posts were deleted, I did not break any rules or be rude and I expect a PM to explain why. I was direct, honest, and true. I didn not call names, . Why deleted??? I'll just keep posting them until I'm told why. This is wrong.
I could careless about whatever this stuff is that is going on and don't wish to get evolved but I will say this, I read your posts and didn't see anything wrong with them, I don't understand why they got deleted, I'm starting to get the feeling this site isn't the place for me either.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
In my opinion the post I commented on was all I said, clear and respectfully written. I'm not sure why it's been deleted. Maybe so the consortium can compare notes?

I could careless about whatever this stuff is that is going on and don't wish to get evolved but I will say this, I read your posts and didn't see anything wrong with them, I don't understand why they got deleted, I'm starting to get the feeling this site isn't the place for me either.

They were deleted because she claims to want nothing to do with the person she's quoting and/or referencing. But she keeps trying to stir up drama. She was asked by Yvonne to ignore this person, as he was asked by me to ignore her.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
@maggie3fan

Your posts have been deleted because they were referencing Adam, whom you claim to want nothing to do with.

Your continued presence on the forum is evidence of favoritism. Anyone else with your history would have been banned long ago. It became clear middle of last week that you weren't going to let this lie, but I wanted to wait until after Yvonne's trip with it's associated stress to press the issue so even I am guilty of it.

Also, a correction; You seem to think that Yvonne has been deleting your posts for the last week but I have been deleting quite a few of them and will continue to do so. As far as I'm concerned, you're on moderation until all of the moderators & Josh have an opportunity to discuss your future on the forum.

You are stuck on something that happened over a week ago. Yes, he said that he was trying to wind you up. Clearly joking. And yes it was said multiple times, but it was after the fact; he was telling others what had happened and actually acknowledged that he had misread the situation when he was "trying to wind you up." There were multiple apologies as well. Once you made it clear you wanted nothing to do with him, he seems to have left you alone. I haven't seen anything after that where he tried to interact with you. But you on the other hand have attempted to dredge this back up what, a dozen times now? On Tuesday(?), I believe you went back to April 30 to quote posts and try to instigate something. Please provide links to his posts insulting you or add me to any PM where he's doing such, after the color/colour incident and subsequent blow up.

You claim that you're the only one that was told to knock it off? I PM'ed Adam a week ago asking him to just ignore you, see below:

jaizei said:
I don't know if anyone else pm'd you, but if you could, please just ignore Maggie. She's obviously having problems of some sort And you've gotten under her skin.
Tidgy's Dad said:
She asked me to ignore her, so I shall.
I have no wish to irritate her any further.
I believe in free speech, so she can say what she likes, it's fine by me.
i actually don't have a problem with her.
I thought it was all just friendly banter, but misjudged the situation.
No harm was intended and i'm not going to get nasty.
Thanks for the advice, know you're doing your job, which I respect and (hopefully) being friendly.
But I'm fine.
I have not and will not bad mouth Maggie.

As far as I can tell, he's done exactly that. Until I see evidence otherwise, this looks entirely one sided to me. I've seen some of the PMs you've sent him. Completely inexcusable. Unless you have an ace up your sleeve (comparable PMs, etc from him) you're completely up the creek.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
On every forum you get on some post will be deleted . If you guys keep quitting forums you're going to run out of them . Go to the rules read them . If you respect each other no more problems . People are quick to place judgment on each other . If someone makes you mad report them let the mods handle it . They don't like banning people or deleting your post believe it or not . It's not like all the mods are out to get people . They don't sit around slapping babies and deleting post. If you got a post deleted common sense tells me you broke a rule . I'm off my soap box now . But this needs to stop ,this whole thread here is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Not speaking for Jaizei, but I am guessing he made the public post to Maggie because she seemed to want Mod action taken public. As a rule, this would have been done in private. ...just wanting to clear that part up.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm not pointing out anyone person . I was just saying the whole thread is not needed . If someone gets butt hurt then take a break and cool your jets . Then come back with a clear head and make your response respectfully . Or if something is upsetting you report it . That's it . I like Maggie I really do . People have bad days and good days . Some times its hard to let go and move on . Should she be banned no . Should she be punished yes . But a ban for life is ridiculous .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, yes, but then if one of the 'ignored' mods posts you a warning or tells you off,(not a reprimand, apparently), then one wouldn't see it and would get into more trouble. And i'm not saying that moderators don't give good and useful advice that I would like to see.

I've been away for 3 days, but I don't remember seeing a mod telling you off on the open forum. Please point me to that post.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I haven't had a chance yet to get caught up, but one of them had the 'F' word in it.

M

Maggie Cummings

Not speaking for Jaizei, but I am guessing he made the public post to Maggie because she seemed to want Mod action taken public. As a rule, this would have been done in private. ...just wanting to clear that part up.
No I didn't. I just wanted a moderator to tell me what was wrong with those posts. I was defending what I perceived as an attack against my sister's morals. I PM'd the moderator on duty and was not answered. So I asked publickly.