Controversial Posts and replies

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
You're right, I've only been here three months and shouldn't be complaining.
As you say, i should stay here longer and go through the really ruff times of all the bashing?
No thank you very much.
I've read the rules, which is why I'm confused.[/QUOTE

Again Adam.....PLEASE re-consider leaving the forum. Like a member mentioned: we do need a sharp mind here.

Thank you.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You haven't been reprimanded until you are pit on probation, ot recieve a warning (visible only to mode). you may have been asked to quit doing x, but that is not being reprimanded. It is a free forum, use it as much or as little as you like, or not at all your choirs.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Also if you could point out examples of what you consider hypocrisy, I would appreciate it. Mode aren't perfect, except for me of course. ;)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Oh, I see, Tortoise Forum's own definition of reprimand.
This is all part of the confusion, do you see?
And I thank you for your consideration and concern.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh, I see, Tortoise Forum's own definition of reprimand.
This is all part of the confusion, do you see?
And I thank you for your consideration and concern.

Yes, this forum has it's own rules and ways to reprimand someone. We don't follow other forums rules or reprimands, but our own, what's wrong with that? I would like to know where, in public, you were reprimanded?
Leave if you want, it is of course your choice. But, you could also just ignore the members that you don't like, or that you know don't like you, it's that simple.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
So in my personal life, I've been going through much controversy and arguing. I have found this to be a good thing to try to stay with. It's harder though if the other won't play by the same rules.

Fair fighting

No blaming
No name calling
No threatening
No foul language
No sarcasm
No criticism
Stay on topic
Take turns talking-no monologues

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
So in my personal life, I've been going through much controversy and arguing. I have found this to be a good thing to try to stay with. It's harder though if the other won't play by the same rules.

Fair fighting

No blaming
No name calling
No threatening
No foul language
No sarcasm
No criticism
Stay on topic
Hi. I'd like to see all the above applied.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes, this forum has it's own rules and ways to reprimand someone. We don't follow other forums rules or reprimands, but our own, what's wrong with that? I would like to know where, in public, you were reprimanded?
Leave if you want, it is of course your choice. But, you could also just ignore the members that you don't like, or that you know don't like you, it's that simple.
Unfortunately, it is not that simple.
Can I use the ignore button on moderators?
Do you really think a mod would be impartial if one were to do so, when they are clearly not already?
Yes you can have your own rules and definitions if they are consistent and possible to understand. Sadly, that is not the case.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Fair fighting

No blaming
No name calling
No threatening
No foul language
No sarcasm
No criticism
Stay on topic
Good rules, but as you say, it's difficult when the others don't follow the rules.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
You can use ignore on mode, and unless you tell one they will never know. Al ignore does is hide the ignored ones posts. Ready peasy, no need to make it more difficult. Now as a mod, I don't use ignore, but nothing stopping others from doing so. I could be ignored by half the forum, and never know. Perhaps I am.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
You can use ignore on mode, and unless you tell one they will never know. Al ignore does is hide the ignored ones posts. Ready peasy, no need to make it more difficult. Now as a mod, I don't use ignore, but nothing stopping others from doing so. I could be ignored by half the forum, and never know. Perhaps I am.
Well, yes, but then if one of the 'ignored' mods posts you a warning or tells you off,(not a reprimand, apparently), then one wouldn't see it and would get into more trouble. And i'm not saying that moderators don't give good and useful advice that I would like to see.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I was out yesterday evening when a guy came up to me and said,' Excuse me, have you seen a policeman around here?,'
I said that I hadn't.
He said,' Good, then hand over you wallet.'

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Well, yes, but then if one of the 'ignored' mods posts you a warning or tells you off,(not a reprimand, apparently), then one wouldn't see it and would get into more trouble. And i'm not saying that moderators don't give good and useful advice that I would like to see.
Hi Adam. I do see your point. In certain cases one might have to see 'ignored' posts.

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego

Fair fighting

No blaming
No name calling
No threatening
No foul language
No sarcasm
No criticism
Stay on topic
I say we keep the sarcasm!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Adam I really hope you reconsider, I have found your comments to be helpful and supportive when I have asked for help and I for one would miss your witty banter and Tidgy tales.