Color coming in, shell question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paradise
Hopefully the picture shows up this time. I was looking underneath her shell and in the middle of her leg and arm on one side it appeared to be raised. Should I be worried??

ImageUploadedByTortForum1370284983.489676.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Beautiful but we need to see the bottom view

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
ImageUploadedByTortForum1370286893.118408.jpg left side looks as if it's peeling

Last edited by a moderator:

Keeblercop

5 Year Member
Sorry, I can't help on the shell question....just wanted to say what a pretty pattern that's developing! Thanks for sharing!

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
Thank you for your feedback. She is so beautiful. Her shell appears to be fine today. Weird!

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
I looked today and her shell still appeared to be "shedding" in that one spot. Is this a sign of shell rot??

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
katelyn0974 said:
I looked today and her shell still appeared to be "shedding" in that one spot. Is this a sign of shell rot??

Shell rot would appear pitted. The shedding you're seeing, does it look/feel like when your nails peel? You know, like in the winter when the top layer of your nails seem to split... Kinda like an old piece of yellowed scotch tape. I can totally picture it in my head, not sure I'm describing it right ;-) If so, as long as the "new shell" underneath looks fresh and unblemished, that's normal, another way their shell grows.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
Perfect description! Yes it's exactly like that. Just like she is shedding in that one area. No pitted areas. Thank you so much! I was so worried.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
katelyn0974 said:
Perfect description! Yes it's exactly like that. Just like she is shedding in that one area. No pitted areas. Thank you so much! I was so worried.

Glad I could put your mind at ease :)
And what a cutie!

Status
Not open for further replies.