COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I got a new card for my Christmas Card Exchange Advent Calendar, woohooo!! So, December 18. Today's card is from Noel, @AZtortMom :<3:, and I bough to her eye for a pun. Touch wood, this exchange will continue well into the future. :cool::D

View attachment 283927
I can't wait...I love all our cards to each other. Even if they are card boards. Every ugly mugs getting saved.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I missed your birthday?? Oh no!!! Hope it was awesome and I give you permission to celebrate an extra day. Happy Birthday!

Thanks, yep we had an awesome day with a day trip over to Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, with a special feast in the evening whipped up by wifey, followed by a special home made Middle Eastern treat,

Blackwater
B24DA484-6BE8-4169-99B6-F1532B3B03FA.jpeg

The Feast
BA87B262-1F10-424B-8E22-5D03F2F997D8.jpeg

The Dessert
C3233FF5-32F5-4494-911B-D6FAF4DFB02A.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all.

As you may be aware, we had an election over her and the forum where I am a moderator allows political discussion. Needless to say, I have been somewhat busy. Christmas spirit is noticeably absent :(

Anyways, the site admins have given in to the mods appeals and are suspending the political forum and we will be running the same “no politics” rules as TFO very shortly. I just got asked to proofread the announcement so it’s definitely happening! Phew!
I hope you’re all OK in the run up to the main event.

JoesDad and I are are going to see the stage show of “White Christmas” tonight which will hopefully put me in a more festive mood. And tomorrow is the last day of JoesDad’s contract, so we can start preparing for our travels as soon as Christmas is over :)

Oh :censored:... another reported post. Back later :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Thanks, yep we had an awesome day with a day trip over to Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, with a special feast in the evening whipped up by wifey, followed by a special home made Middle Eastern treat,

Blackwater
View attachment 283948

The Feast
View attachment 283949

The Dessert
View attachment 283950
What a great way to spend your bday. The wildlife refuge has a beautiful gate. That Would leave you with great expectations.
The best birthday I ever had was a day spent on horseback in Arkansas enjoying the great outdoors:)

Your wife is amazing. That spread looks delicious and healthy at the same time.. if I was closer, I’d be finagling a dinner invitation!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good afternooning all.

As you may be aware, we had an election over her and the forum where I am a moderator allows political discussion. Needless to say, I have been somewhat busy. Christmas spirit is noticeably absent :(

Anyways, the site admins have given in to the mods appeals and are suspending the political forum and we will be running the same “no politics” rules as TFO very shortly. I just got asked to proofread the announcement so it’s definitely happening! Phew!
I hope you’re all OK in the run up to the main event.

JoesDad and I are are going to see the stage show of “White Christmas” tonight which will hopefully put me in a more festive mood. And tomorrow is the last day of JoesDad’s contract, so we can start preparing for our travels as soon as Christmas is over :)

Oh :censored:... another reported post. Back later :)
Breathe.... and enjoy the show. I hope it works and you find some inner cheer!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well I have made the leap... No going back. I have reserved a space for this weekend at the Jewett flea market. It is a nice place, with quite a lot of folks. So nervous
So nice! I love your "sketch" you sent. It's framed and hung. It's actually more like a photograph of a living animal. You are an artist.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Blackwater
View attachment 283948

The Feast
View attachment 283949

The Dessert
View attachment 283950
I missed your birthday. Happy birthday anyway and everyday. The feast looked wonderful but the turnovers are making me hungry for cherry ones with iceing. I'll have to get baking...