COLD DARK ROOM

Bambam1989

Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Lol!!! That’s crazy.. Glad the losses were minimal for you. How’s the farm coming along?
Waiting for the house in WA to close right now. It's under contract, expected to close after the first of the year.
Looked at a few places close by but haven't been to enthused by any. After our daughter is on Christmas break we might go look at some in the Paris(Tx) area

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Waiting for the house in WA to close right now. It's under contract, expected to close after the first of the year.
Looked at a few places close by but haven't been to enthused by any. After our daughter is on Christmas break we might go look at some in the Paris(Tx) area

Good luck, we continue to “kind of” look at houses on Florida’s east coast near Palm Coast. Somehow, we always find one or two deal breakers...no pool, too small of back garden, near a major highway, neighbors way too close, no trees to chop down....so, we look..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Dang that's a cute doggie!
My friends say that she’s so ugly it makes her cute... I’m just in love with her regardless. I’m working on a control system in the field right now ( taking a break while waiting on a technician) and she’s right here keeping me company. My customers love her and she’s better behaved every day. She hates the cold yet so I have to pack clothes for my dog!!! LOL

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good luck, we continue to “kind of” look at houses on Florida’s east coast near Palm Coast. Somehow, we always find one or two deal breakers...no pool, too small of back garden, near a major highway, neighbors way too close, no trees to chop down....so, we look..
"No trees to chop down." This one made me laugh out loud!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've got the lazies today. It was cold this a.m. when I went out to take care of the tortoises, so all I was able to do before my hands were too numb to hold the rake was pick up about three bushel baskets of leaves and distribute them over an area where I don't want grass to grow. It didn't take too much convincing to get me to go in the house. But it's too early for lunch, so here I sit.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My friends say that she’s so ugly it makes her cute... I’m just in love with her regardless. I’m working on a control system in the field right now ( taking a break while waiting on a technician) and she’s right here keeping me company. My customers love her and she’s better behaved every day. She hates the cold yet so I have to pack clothes for my dog!!! LOL
So you pack a baby doggy bag. Sounds fun to me especially around the hollydays.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Ho Ho Ho! How are you all?
I've had a hectic few weeks with preps (and props) for our school concert, helping my nephew who has had a bad chest infection, visitors and general Xmas mayhem.
I hope everyone is well and I will try my best to catch up with your posts when I have the time.
I am looking forward to finishing school on Friday for a 2 week holiday and hopefully some rest.
Speak to you soon!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Just took the wife to Tampa for 4 days and what a weather change. First day it was 40 in Richmond and Raining. Tampa was 70's with varying clouds/sun with only a few short rain showers. We went to Busch Gardens, Big Cat Recue, Florida Aquarium, and Tampa Zoo. We had a blast. All photo credit goes to my wife. She managed to sneak a few that she didnt realize she got until later like the hippo! The dogs enjoyed a stay at Holiday Barn and met Santa

View attachment 283872 View attachment 283873 View attachment 283874 View attachment 283875 View attachment 283876 View attachment 283877 View attachment 283878 View attachment 283879
I love sloths - they are the hippies of the animal world.

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Guys, please help. I haven't been able to reach a moderator. We have to give up our nearly 8 year old m.e.e. I posted an ad in the for sale/adoptions and got an alert that it had been moved. It doesn't show up anywhere and when I click on the alert it takes me to my message, but shows it closed for replies! I hope someone will answer. Thank you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ho Ho Ho! How are you all?
I've had a hectic few weeks with preps (and props) for our school concert, helping my nephew who has had a bad chest infection, visitors and general Xmas mayhem.
I hope everyone is well and I will try my best to catch up with your posts when I have the time.
I am looking forward to finishing school on Friday for a 2 week holiday and hopefully some rest.
Speak to you soon!
That's wonderful..a bit of rest?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Guys, please help. I haven't been able to reach a moderator. We have to give up our nearly 8 year old m.e.e. I posted an ad in the for sale/adoptions and got an alert that it had been moved. It doesn't show up anywhere and when I click on the alert it takes me to my message, but shows it closed for replies! I hope someone will answer. Thank you.
Sorry you have to give up your tort
I'll alert @Yvonne G who is a regular in here - she may be able to help.
I would advise that you don't offer him/her for free because it has been known that some people join the forum to pick up free torts and then sell them on to make money. So if a member contacts you check to see if they are a long term well known contributor/member who will take care of your tort.