COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
You can just purchase the seeds on line, at least we can here. My plants are really popping up now. I have a few out by the mail box that i started to cover during the hot hot sun of the day. The sun’s rays these days are scorching.
Well as you can see... we're all wondering why you planted them in the first place ? and I did buy a bamboo cutting board oil from China ? to use instead of castor oil. I got turned against it at least 62 years ago... thanks to my mom thinking it's a cure for what ails you.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No new meds. I did go off my blood thinner for 3 days before my back procedure. The swelling started after that. I am watching it, in the mornings the coloration doesn't look good. But after heat on the foot. The color turns pretty much normal. Have a doctor's appointment later in the week.
I got to thinking about you and hoping. How are you doing??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I went to the grocery store today so I wouldn't have to go over the holiday weekend. It was hot and muggy when I went inside buttt... before I was done shopping and ready to leave it sounded like the roof was being bombed. It sure was because it was pouring rain. I even had to wait to leave it was raining so hard and I still got soaked after it slowed down enough to head home. Now it's supposed to cool off to mid and upper 70's. Perfect weather for Sapphire because his enclosure is usually warmer in places and cooler in others. He'll have fun for a few days.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I leave you alone for a little bit and you are forgettingn al the murder rules...NUMBER FREAKIN ONE...don't tell anybody!!~

I never said I was gonna murder anybody.
Did I??....??
WE just wanted a potion...
For TEA! ..... yea.... that’s good.. I mean...
Tea....and....uh.... hair conditioner?
Sure!... why not.. hair conditioner.. ?
???

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I never said I was gonna murder anybody.
Did I??....??
WE just wanted a potion...
For TEA! ..... yea.... that’s good.. I mean...
Tea....and....uh.... hair conditioner?
Sure!... why not.. hair conditioner.. ?
???
We'll give just a little to our hubbys.....who all have their life insurance policies paid up, right girls?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
How hot was it??? Hot enuf to melt a cactus...
View attachment 328239
Once the pad was melted over, the sun fried it...
View attachment 328240
View attachment 328241

Poor cactus... didn’t hurt nobody...?
Hey!....wait.??
I thought “CACTUS” grow in the dessert?..? ???????.....
Desert?...dessert..? ....dezert?? ?
THE PLACES WITH ALL THE SAND AND CAMMELS!!!!..... ??...camels..caramels...cameals...drat!!

THE HORSE WITH THE SHORT EARS AND HUMP ON ITS BACK!!!! ?

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Yes….cut those branches up into 10-12 inch logs. I can easily turn a piece into something for you…. The problem is shipping costs.

BUt, don’t just cut down & discard. Cedar makes some nice things.
Advertise on your local Craigs List.

View attachment 328207
Eric wants to turn some into kindling for fire starters. We have a wood burning fireplace. I have some wood workers in my family. I'm going to see if they want some. They live almost 2 hours away, so they may not want to come that far to get it. I'll definitely be posting on our towns local groups to see if someone wants it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Eric wants to turn some into kindling for fire starters. We have a wood burning fireplace. I have some wood workers in my family. I'm going to see if they want some. They live almost 2 hours away, so they may not want to come that far to get it. I'll definitely be posting on our towns local groups to see if someone wants it.

I would still cut the logs up into nice size chunks. Set aside & stack away. Wood is better stored away & dried, then used.

Not sure if I posted this almost completed bowl pix.

From a Discarded Cedar Tree
E549225E-77B4-4AB5-A6B2-4903DC4951FE.jpeg

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I would still cut the logs up into nice size chunks. Set aside & stack away. Wood is better stored away & dried, then used.

Not sure if I posted this almost completed bowl pix.

From a Discarded Cedar Tree
View attachment 328276

She should send you the wood with a request!! ?
You do such beautiful work, the shipping costs would be worth it!!!
Well.... I’m off to see if I have Cedar wood anywhere in my back yard.. be right back! ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This is beautiful! We have a cedar tree in our front yard and honestly, I can't stand it. I want it gone so I can put more blueberry bushes, peach trees, and mulberry trees. Eric cut off a few low branches so I could mow under it more easily. I might post on a local site to see if any woodworkers would like the branches and the tree once we do cut it down.
Hello and missed you ? I'm just wondering if you could find a buyer for the whole tree... and let them cut it down for you.