COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I'm an avid mystery reader. There for a while ricin was the poison of choice for writers and TV productions. It was even used on a fairly recent episode of NCIS!!!
Scientifically it takes a whole lot more seeds than Maro has and just a few pieces of specialized equipment or so I have heard

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm an avid mystery reader. There for a while ricin was the poison of choice for writers and TV productions. It was even used on a fairly recent episode of NCIS!!!
Those crime dramas and books are great for giving would-be murderers ideas.
The conversation here has got me wondering where I can get some ricin and use it on the neighbours next door?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's quite a pleasant day here - dry with some sun but also cloudy.
I really couldn't stand the heat most of you are experiencing over the pond and I hope you all manage to keep cool.
If we had those temps I'd be living in a freezer until it was over. I hope they don't make their way across to us.
I've been hedge trimming (it's not really a hedge but a eunonymous shrub that has grown tall and acts as a screen along the fence at the end of my garden, but it isn't thick).
Lola has been watching me from his grassy patch and is busy doing nothing.
I have some paperwork to sort out now so I'll see you later.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yikes it’s hot out there, and in a few hours here.

Hardly any heat records left to break in Pacific NW + western Canada.
* Canada w/ new national heat record of 121
* Wash & Oregon likely tied or broke state heat records, hitting 118
* Seattle (107), Portland (116), Spokane (109) w/ new all-time marks

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Corvallis was 110. The hottest on record, ever. I don't have air conditioning. My 33 yr old most favorite A#1 grand son is visiting for couple of weeks, a man not used to such hot weather. Jake lives on the Central Coast of California where hot is 75 degrees. So honestly, we were VERY uncomfortable. Thermometer read 98 in my living room. No ac in house or car.
100_7868.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Shame - not a weekend project for me then.?

You can just purchase the seeds on line, at least we can here. My plants are really popping up now. I have a few out by the mail box that i started to cover during the hot hot sun of the day. The sun’s rays these days are scorching.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
The conversation here has got me wondering where I can get some ricin and use it on the neighbours next door?

I am TOTALLY in agreement with you about both of our neighbors!!!
I will help you in any way I can!
(I mean clean your house, walk dogs,etc..)
.... can’t put in writing what we are gonna do, it’s evidence.....?

Finally,
you said what I’ve been saying for years!!!!!
These shows give all these REAL murderers, rapists , burglars, and any other freaks out there ideas!!
And ...SHOW them how to do it too!!!
Any time I hear something on a show about
“Animals” I always start praying that no one watched that show except me...

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Maybe Maro2bear will sell us his beans?
and we can have Yvonne and Cathy make us a potion ???
???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's quite a pleasant day here - dry with some sun but also cloudy.
I really couldn't stand the heat most of you are experiencing over the pond and I hope you all manage to keep cool.
If we had those temps I'd be living in a freezer until it was over. I hope they don't make their way across to us.
I've been hedge trimming (it's not really a hedge but a eunonymous shrub that has grown tall and acts as a screen along the fence at the end of my garden, but it isn't thick).
Lola has been watching me from his grassy patch and is busy doing nothing.
I have some paperwork to sort out now so I'll see you later.

Hot here in NJ ... (93)
Would LOVE to sit with Lola on the grass and be doing nothing...??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Corvallis was 110. The hottest on record, ever. I don't have air conditioning. My 33 yr old most favorite A#1 grand son is visiting for couple of weeks, a man not used to such hot weather. Jake lives on the Central Coast of California where hot is 75 degrees. So honestly, we were VERY uncomfortable. Thermometer read 98 in my living room. No ac in house or car.
View attachment 328193

Is he in a drawer for bad behavior ???
I guess it’s better than solitary confinement?? ?
I am sooooooooo sorry it’s that hot for you!
I want to help you!!!! ❤️?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

What ricin is​

• Ricin is a poison found naturally in castor beans. If castor beans are chewed and swallowed, the released ricin can cause injury. Ricin can be made from the waste material left over from processing castor beans.
  • It can be in the form of a powder, a mist, or a pellet, or it can be dissolved in water or weak acid.
  • It is a stable substance under normal conditions, but can be inactivated by heat above 80 degrees centigrade (176 degrees Fahrenheit).

Where ricin is found and how it is used​

• Castor beans are processed throughout the world to make castor oil. Ricin is part of the waste “mash” produced when castor oil is made.
  • Ricin has been used experimentally in medicine to kill cancer cells.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

What ricin is​

• Ricin is a poison found naturally in castor beans. If castor beans are chewed and swallowed, the released ricin can cause injury. Ricin can be made from the waste material left over from processing castor beans.
  • It can be in the form of a powder, a mist, or a pellet, or it can be dissolved in water or weak acid.
  • It is a stable substance under normal conditions, but can be inactivated by heat above 80 degrees centigrade (176 degrees Fahrenheit).

Where ricin is found and how it is used​

• Castor beans are processed throughout the world to make castor oil. Ricin is part of the waste “mash” produced when castor oil is made.
  • Ricin has been used experimentally in medicine to kill cancer cells.

When they say “ experimentally used“ in medicine.... that’s my tip off that
They “ experimentally used“ it on ANIMALS!!!
????????

They have to come up with something to experiment on other than poor defenseless animals.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
After cooling down from morning grass cutting, I worked more on the Cedar Bowl. Added some Gold Leaf highlights at the end. Next step, final sanding & finishing.View attachment 328156
View attachment 3281570
This is beautiful! We have a cedar tree in our front yard and honestly, I can't stand it. I want it gone so I can put more blueberry bushes, peach trees, and mulberry trees. Eric cut off a few low branches so I could mow under it more easily. I might post on a local site to see if any woodworkers would like the branches and the tree once we do cut it down.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
Mine did TOO!!!!!
WTH???
Made it seem like it was normal to take a spoonful every day (she said) ..
Maybe that’s why she has great hair till this day???? ?
I've only tried it once to induce labor. I mixed it with orange juice. I had my baby the next day. I don't recommend it though.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
This is beautiful! We have a cedar tree in our front yard and honestly, I can't stand it. I want it gone so I can put more blueberry bushes, peach trees, and mulberry trees. Eric cut off a few low branches so I could mow under it more easily. I might post on a local site to see if any woodworkers would like the branches and the tree once we do cut it down.

Yes….cut those branches up into 10-12 inch logs. I can easily turn a piece into something for you…. The problem is shipping costs.

BUt, don’t just cut down & discard. Cedar makes some nice things.
Advertise on your local Craigs List.

0038EA1B-6C0F-45A2-98EA-31CB5275861C.jpeg