COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I thought I caught the tail end of a news story where the guy said it was 110°F or some such not possible-for-Portland temperature, but I said, "Nah. . . I must'a' misheard." Holy sh! t, Maggie!!! That's awful!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Ricin, from castor beans, is an extremely deadly poison with no antidote.

Now....... I axe ya......
How do YOU know so much about poison my dear sweet “under the bridge” quiet, nice gentle lady??? ??????????????????????

Meez thinx meez smellz Rat ?!! ??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now....... I axe ya......
How do YOU know so much about poison my dear sweet “under the bridge” quiet, nice gentle lady??? ??????????????????????

Meez thinx meez smellz Rat ?!! ??
I'm an avid mystery reader. There for a while ricin was the poison of choice for writers and TV productions. It was even used on a fairly recent episode of NCIS!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
T
Cathy!!!
How do YOU know the deadly part is the skin!?!?!????????

And.... DONT ENCOURAGE HER!!!! ?
The word might have been pod but whatever... google told me all about it and castor oil is not for me. I don't care how safe the rest of the plant is. But here's the thing you can also use it on your cutting board and wooden utensils. I actually bought some for that a couple of years ago.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning afternoon all.
It's very warm and muggy here, just had a light rain shower but it feels like we could have a good a thunder storm to clear the air.
USA did very well at Wimbledon yesterday. I'm just watching Venus Williams match but she has a bit of a fight on her hands.
Lola is stretched out in his favourite sunny spot - right in front of the door ?‍♀️
He has a large grassy area full of weeds he could use but no - he likes to be right under my feet.
He must trust me though, because he doesn't flinch when I have to step very carefully over him.
Thankfully he's big enough that I couldn't miss seeing him there.
Maybe he thinks he's a guard tort.
Anyway see you later - have a good Tuesday.
Sapphire is like that too. Doesn't flinch much or mind when I pick him up. He'll even try to be taller so I will pick him up. They always have an ulterior motive though. His is to go outside for awhile.☺️

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Record heat here...110 yesterday...this is the Willamette Valley...trees, rivers and decent weather. I'm sure y'all know about the record heat. A 'normal' hot day here is abt 83. So since the 25th we've been seriously hot. Normally the weather is such that most of us do not have air conditioners in our houses...I don't. Even tho I'm a good gardner and am current on watering...I lost a 20 yr old Rhoady, an Azalea, large Morning Glories, a Sunflower, and almost lost Houdini the Jerk. My grandson is visiting here from the Central Coast of California, so we were out messing around for a few hours. I started to feel uncomfortable but didn't know why. We went downtown Corvallis and sat in the city park for a bitafter our errands. Even in the shade the wind felt like it was coming off the desert instead of the ocean. I told Jake we had to go home. I didn't know why. So we drove home (no ac in the hot rod) and the first thing was to check on the animals. In the big room the birds were hot, the water in the water turtle's 150 gallon tank was very warm, it was 98 degrees in the living room. Seriously. and in going outside the first thing I see is Houdini The Jerk in his normal position on his back, he is in the only damn spot of sun in his pen. Oh I got so scared...I picked him up and he was extremely hot but his eyes were open and he looked at me. Crap. I took him in the house and put him in the bath tub and let coolish water run over him while it was filling the tub. So I put him in the water and just left him be. Went back out. Male tortoise face in the corner and sitting in the sprinkler...lol...it was just dribbling out, but he was really staying cool in it. The darned Sulcata has again created her own idea of heaven and she was so covered in mud. Houdini The Jerk seems fine this morning. I was very worried about him. I will watch him closely for a few days to make sure there's no lingering affects.View attachment 328130..
? I saw your heat wave on the news and have been sending hugs and prayers. Even saw an episode of ID today about Corvallis and sent some more.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It's scary hot. Houdini is that Redfoot I still have. He really is a jerk...I am so glad he's not gonna be big. I don't know why I posted Mary Knobbins photo and not his...so here is a photo of Houdidn theView attachment 328131 escaping little redfoot...

What a butt!! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Such yucky hot weather all over! It’s about 92F here sunny & about 65% humidity. We cut grass early. Hot all week, but a lot of rain forecast for end of the week.

Hope you guys in California, Oregon, Washington are ok! SPray lots of water. ??

Maro2bear,
I was thinking of you today.

You always have a story about your kayaking that day...
But today is EXTREMELY ? HOT!!
and made me picture you walking outside
Only to turn into the scene from
“Total Recall”
When Arnold Schwarzenager got thrown out into Mars and the air hit him and his face bubbled up and his eyes bulged out!!!!
??????
I couldn’t find a clip on YouTube that was short enough to post.. ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Maro2bear,
I was thinking of you today.

You always have a story about your kayaking that day...
But today is EXTREMELY ? HOT!!
and made me picture you walking outside
Only to turn into the scene from
“Total Recall”
When Arnold Schwarzenager got thrown out into Mars and the air hit him and his face bubbled up and his eyes bulged out!!!!
??????
I couldn’t find a clip on YouTube that was short enough to post.. ?

I am soooo sorry if I offended you!
I meant no harm.
This is how my mind works on no sleep for about two weeks.. ?
But it WAS REALLY HOT ? in NJ!!
Going to be even hotter tomorrow!!!
How dare I say that with
California
Oregon
and all those who are suffering much worse..
God bless you all!
You are in my prayers as always. ?❤️
Animals too!!!! ?❤️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
T

The word might have been pod but whatever... google told me all about it and castor oil is not for me. I don't care how safe the rest of the plant is. But here's the thing you can also use it on your cutting board and wooden utensils. I actually bought some for that a couple of years ago.?

Ok.... nobody eat at Cathys house! ??

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Mine did TOO!!!!!
WTH???
Made it seem like it was normal to take a spoonful every day (she said) ..
Maybe that’s why she has great hair till this day???? ?
Fortunately, my mom is no longer with us. She & my step-mother-in-law were the nastiest, meanest people I ever met & I've met a lot of nasty lawyers in my life.