COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Just back from a great morning of kayaking. We were on the water when it was relatively cooler, but bright & sunny with a refreshingly cool breeze.

The interesting thing about today’s paddle is that as we approached shallow muddy areas, there were 100s of monster Carp in there i guess breeding away. All over the place, flopping about in the very s(allow spots. Some easily two feet long. Never experienced this before...very cool. Big fat carp!

Back Up to Eagle Alley
View attachment 325591

Ray would have loved all that fish!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That sounds lovely, I hope you have a good day.
The wind and rain eased here this afternoon so hopefully it will have done the same on your side of the country by now or very soon. I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight!
The wind dropped overnight. It’s grey, but that’s a vast improvement on the past week!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Lake Greason.. we always put in at Kirby marina.. some of our close friends keep house boats there.. Hubby’s been making comments about that but I’m so not interested in The Maintenaince of a house boat!!

Wow, that Lake Greason area looks to have a million places to explore on a kayak. Tons of nooks & crannies & coves.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have found the best way is instead of using a girdle. I have Rose use plastic wrap and wrap around my midsection real tight. ?
That used to be - and maybe still is - a way that people would try to lose weight or boxers would sweat off a few pounds before a fight.
However, it doesn't make you thinner but on the plus side - it does keeps you fresh!:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Going to be another close to 90 degree day. Yuck. We’re putting mulch down.

Warming up here....
View attachment 325629
It's bright, sunny and about 56F here today It feels warmer in the garden and is pretty calm - a lovely respite from the rain which is back tomorrow with stronger winds - but not as strong as they have been.
I'm googling how to cut acrylic sheet to replace the broken window pane to keep the rain out. I may have to just use plastic sheeting for now as I don't think I have the right tools.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Naughty torty Lola almost gave me a heart attack today.
When I went to get him out for a soak he wasn't in his hide.
I hadn't seen him coming out in to the garden and I hadn't put the barrier in place to keep him in his own area,
My garden isn't big but there was no sign of him anywhere. I was beginning to panic thinking that he must have escaped through the hedgehog gateway I made in the fence. Even though I knew realistically he wouldn't fit through it I couldn't think of where else he could be. I ran up the lane and checked the street but no sign. I was really worrying by now. I checked the house in case he'd sneaked out of his room but the gate was shut so that was unlikely. Fearing the worst I stood still in the middle of the garden and eventually I heard a rustling in the middle of my tall crocosmia plants and there he was! Dripping wet from the long leaves and probably as pleased to see me as I was to see him. Lesson learnt - always put the barrier of his enclosure in place !

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ray would have loved all that fish!!!
Carp fishing in the spring is a blast when they are spawning. Up in Michigan we also would go after them at night. We would be in a boat with a generator to power spot lights. We would work the edge of the shoreline and shoot them with a compound bow. We always smoked the carp to eat.Considered a garbage fish in the U.S. But in Europe and Asia they are not from what I understand.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That used to be - and maybe still is - a way that people would try to lose weight or boxers would sweat off a few pounds before a fight.
However, it doesn't make you thinner but on the plus side - it does keeps you fresh!:)
I used to do it in high school trying to lose weight for wrestling. It was hard for me to stay at 185lbs. Finally in my senior year I wrestled heavyweight.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It's bright, sunny and about 56F here today It feels warmer in the garden and is pretty calm - a lovely respite from the rain which is back tomorrow with stronger winds - but not as strong as they have been.
I'm googling how to cut acrylic sheet to replace the broken window pane to keep the rain out. I may have to just use plastic sheeting for now as I don't think I have the right tools.

Lyn, too funny. I’m looking at YouTube video, how to properly cut acrylic (plastic) light diffuser. One of our last few remaining projects...of course the piece needs cutting.
I’m thinking time for an Oscillating Cutter..

➡️➡️ https://www.harborfreight.com/variable-speed-oscillating-multi-tool-63113.html

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Lyn, too funny. I’m looking at YouTube video, how to properly cut acrylic (plastic) light diffuser. One of our last few remaining projects...of course the piece needs cutting.
I’m thinking time for an Oscillating Cutter..

➡️➡️ https://www.harborfreight.com/variable-speed-oscillating-multi-tool-63113.html
Can you score it with a razor knife and snap it? But it is always good to have a excuse to buy a new tool. Just use at a slow speed or you will melt the edge.