COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I've tagged our Carol she's in Cape Town with angulates too - if she sees the alert and can help it may tempt her back.:)
? great minds think alike. Thanks though for reaching out to her. And a few more did too. I just always remember when I first joined TFO, it really helped to not feel so alone. Everyone was so kind and answered.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
? great minds think alike. Thanks though for reaching out to her. And a few more did too. I just always remember when I first joined TFO, it really helped to not feel so alone. Everyone was so kind and answered.
I would have been completely lost without TFO. There are other websites offering advice but nowhere near as good as the help here and poor Lola wouldn't have suffered. Now he lives like a lord!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Wow it's been quiet in here today.?
Everyone must be busy - fishing or staining decks, and maybe out and about?

I had a walk this morning to get Lola a stack of dandies and plantains which he has polished off through the day. Then just pottering in the garden but it's been quite a grey day.
Thankfully we have some heavy rain on the way tonight and tomorrow.
The hill fires have been burning for a few days and the helicopters carrying water from reservoirs have been flying non stop during daylight hours. There have been 80 hill fires throughout Wales since last week - all deliberately started and looks like it's been coordinated via social media. There must be some sick people involved in that. ?
All that destruction and the death of birds, snakes, slow worms and mammals is very upsetting.
The mountain on one side of our valley was looking lovely and green a few days ago and now it's black and scorched. I hope they can track the people down on the social media websites.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I would have been completely lost without TFO. There are other websites offering advice but nowhere near as good as the help here and poor Lola wouldn't have suffered. Now he lives like a lord!
I was lost. The only thing that saved Sapphire is that I believe every animal has a special diet. When people said just feed him turtle food, I stopped listening. Plus I didn't really know how to use the internet to access info. One night, on a lark on my new smart phone, I signed up. People here answered right away and pretty soon I didn't feel alone anymore. The big plus is I can help Sapphire in a more informed way.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I had a walk this morning to get Lola a stack of dandies and plantains which he has polished off through the day. Then just pottering in the garden but it's been quite a grey day.
The hill fires have been burning for a few days and the helicopters carrying water from reservoirs have been flying non stop during daylight hours. There have been 80 hill fires throughout Wales since last week - all deliberately started and looks like it's been coordinated via social media. There must be some sick people involved in that. ?
All that destruction and the death of birds, snakes, slow worms and mammals is very upsetting.
The mountain on one side of our valley was looking lovely and green a few days ago and now it's black and scorched. I hope they can track the people down on the social media websites.
I'll hope with you ?.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

That’s horribly Lyn!! I just don’t understand that kind of sickness in people!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I actually went shopping today and got a compliment on the mask I was wearing. It was the hedgehog mask I managed to get from the UK ? thanks to Joe's mom.

I wore my Meerkat one today for a trip into starrbucks.. I haven’t been in one in almost two years now.. it was the best skinny vanilla frappe I’ve ever had.. hubby and I had a pedicure while I sipped on it.. :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all.
It feels fresher outside today thanks to the rain we had in the night and we should have even more heavy rain for the rest of the day. :)
I won't be in the garden much today but have plenty to keep me busy in the house.
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I wore my Meerkat one today for a trip into starrbucks.. I haven’t been in one in almost two years now.. it was the best skinny vanilla frappe I’ve ever had.. hubby and I had a pedicure while I sipped on it.. :)
OMG my wife and I would never do that. We have very ugly, but safely functional tennis feet. I am probably on a SPA watch list

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's only really just struck me - but they do feet while people are drinking coffee in Starbucks or did you take the coffee with you to a nail bar?o_O

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
OMG my wife and I would never do that. We have very ugly, but safely functional tennis feet. I am probably on a SPA watch list

Somehow i can see you dangling your toes in those spas that have little fish that nibble at all the dead skin! ?

➡️➡️ A fish pedicure, also known as a fish spa, involves patrons dipping their feet in a tub of water filled with small fish called Garra rufa. Garra rufa are sometimes referred to as “doctor fish” because they eat away dead skin found on peoples' feet, leaving newer skinexposed.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evenooning all. It’s been a busy week. The rescue is now very full of orphaned baby birds and we don’t have enough baby bird feeder volunteers because a number of the older ones have been self isolating and haven’t returned.

Fortunately an appeal for new volunteers has brought many out and we have started inducting them. This makes me doubly busy now, but hopefully it will make me less busy in the long run.

The weather has been cold and dry throughout April, but usually sunny. Everything is way behind and I have had to top up the pond three times this year already which means both our 200 litre (53 US gallon/ 44 UK gallon) rain butts are now empty. Today it got colder and greyer and some parts of the country got rain, but not us :(

I hope all is well in your corners of the CDR. I will try to pop in regularly, but if I miss a few days it’s probably because I am feeding baby birds or training new baby bird feeders!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good evenooning all. It’s been a busy week. The rescue is now very full of orphaned baby birds and we don’t have enough baby bird feeder volunteers because a number of the older ones have been self isolating and haven’t returned.

Fortunately an appeal for new volunteers has brought many out and we have started inducting them. This makes me doubly busy now, but hopefully it will make me less busy in the long run.

The weather has been cold and dry throughout April, but usually sunny. Everything is way behind and I have had to top up the pond three times this year already which means both our 200 litre (53 US gallon/ 44 UK gallon) rain butts are now empty. Today it got colder and greyer and some parts of the country got rain, but not us :(

I hope all is well in your corners of the CDR. I will try to pop in regularly, but if I miss a few days it’s probably because I am feeding baby birds or training new baby bird feeders!
It's sad that so many baby birds need help but just think ? they probably didn't get as much help like they do nowadays.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all.
It feels fresher outside today thanks to the rain we had in the night and we should have even more heavy rain for the rest of the day. :)
I won't be in the garden much today but have plenty to keep me busy in the house.
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday.
Sapphire got to go outside again today. He lounged around outside the whole time even though it was cloudy. So yes I had a good Wednesday. Any day I can get him out is a good day ?