COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Fresh out of one legged stools. Lol. But I do have a four wheeled wheelchair if that helps with extending leg tests. It's like having recliner chair, and coz it's a class 3 wheelchair I'm allowed on the cycle part of the road, I do send warning to friends and family that I'm going out, just so they can look out for crashes or police chases, it goes 6 miles an hour, n that's real fast for a wheelchair. Ha ha ha. What do I do to get to my zillion posts ? me n technology just dont mix well.
Hello. Welcome to the Cold Dark Room. I've read you have to say cheese...but I just keep bugging em...hehehe

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I forgot to say that on the way home from paddling, I stopped at Tropic Bay (all things koi, water plants) and bought two Water Hyacinth and two Bullfrog tadpoles for my water garden....yeah. More things to take care of.
I still want to do a tank for Arrow with live plants.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Well... Sorry and get back to the other ones soon also. In the meantime, have fun. I find that my own little critters give me more insight then I can get from a stressed animal anyway.?
I’ve still been working at the rescue, I actually got a nasty little bite from a Paraguayan rainbow boa, I always worry about the snake when it bites me rather than the myself:D I’ve been working with an endangered species called the Jamaican boa, a very beautiful snake. I’ll attach some pics.

Attachments

• 1CA7229F-28EC-4A3F-996B-5717850D1FCD.jpeg
    1CA7229F-28EC-4A3F-996B-5717850D1FCD.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 4
  • ED6CA09A-55F5-4438-B5CF-B35ED4DF181D.jpeg
    ED6CA09A-55F5-4438-B5CF-B35ED4DF181D.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 4

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I’ve still been working at the rescue, I actually got a nasty little bite from a Paraguayan rainbow boa, I always worry about the snake when it bites me rather than the myself:D I’ve been working with an endangered species called the Jamaican boa, a very beautiful snake. I’ll attach some pics.
Sorry to say it's so nice you still get to get snake bit...it's nice to see people are still trying to help the critters.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I forgot to say that on the way home from paddling, I stopped at Tropic Bay (all things koi, water plants) and bought two Water Hyacinth and two Bullfrog tadpoles for my water garden....yeah. More things to take care of.
I have a juvenile bullfrog that’s moved into pickles’ new Water hole! I’d like to see the water hyacinth when you get in place please:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Your mad in the nicest way possible.
That’s our Adam :)

Hello and welcome to the CDR, Joey. I’m Linda and I live in Kent in South East England.

We’re an international bunch of idiots /friends here who sometimes talk tortoise and fairly regularly talk puns and nonsense.

Pull up an armadillo and the one-legged pirate will be along shortly to bring you your beverage of choice. The big armadillo is called Montgomery and is a very obliging coffee table, especially if you dust him or tickle him under the chin.

It’s rather gloomy in here, but the flying jellyfish glow a little brighter when you polish them. The blueberry ones seem to be glowing brightest at the moment.

Watch your step; it’s easy to stub your toe on the hedgehogs in the gloom. The wool spider, if she exists, seems to be in a better mood since we locked the leprechaun in a jellyfish tank. The snow leopard is very friendly and eats carrots :)

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hello Ben!

I am back feeding baby birds at the rescue hospital which is excellent :)
I can’t wait to see more pics!

It’s been a very good day at the rescue today, two weeks ago this woman brought in two Russian tortoises she claimed to be fit and healthy. Both arrived with swollen eyes and runny noses. One unfortunately didn’t make it but I managed to get the other one to eat today:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I can’t wait to see more pics!

It’s been a very good day at the rescue today, two weeks ago this woman brought in two Russian tortoises she claimed to be fit and healthy. Both arrived with swollen eyes and runny noses. One unfortunately didn’t make it but I managed to get the other one to eat today:)
Have some starling nestlings :)

Respiratory illness is a long slow recovery. Fingers crossed that the survivor starts to thrive :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
One of our neighbors is getting rid of most of their stuff in preparation for a move all the way to Portland, Oregon. Yesterday, they had a bunch of stuff out in their driveway/parking lot for give away. First come, first served.

While I was kayaking, wifey popped over & got a bunch of household goods, automotive stuff like flares, a real working carbide lamp, folding camp chairs, a tent, and a bunch of gardening chemicals (ant killers) & garden hose paraphernalia. I don’t think they ever through anything away, just get another, toss the other in the box.

A Ton of Attachments!

BE017C7F-FC7F-47C5-B5A5-6E6DDC3489BB.jpeg

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
One of our neighbors is getting rid of most of their stuff in preparation for a move all the way to Portland, Oregon. Yesterday, they had a bunch of stuff out in their driveway/parking lot for give away. First come, first served.

While I was kayaking, wifey popped over & got a bunch of household goods, automotive stuff like flares, a real working carbide lamp, folding camp chairs, a tent, and a bunch of gardening chemicals (ant killers) & garden hose paraphernalia. I don’t think they ever through anything away, just get another, toss the other in the box.

A Ton of Attachments!

View attachment 294409
Nice man! Most i get from my neighbors is a lil of their trash blowing into my yard.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

A Ton of Attachments!

View attachment 294409
Nice find. Yeah! for wifey. She scored big time.