COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hello again everyone, I’ve haven’t been tuning in to the forum for a while. How is everyone?
Hello hello! Arrow just made it through his first year with me...and I knew nothing about taking GOOD care of a tank. How's your slithery friends and you getting along?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Had to make a grocery run today.....we were out of sunflower seeds for the birds! We feed suet & whole raw shelled peanuts & sunflower seed. The last few weeks the Spring birds have been active. Blue Jays, Cardinals, Nuthatches, three different types of woodpeckers, crows, blackbirds, grackles, wrens & more. I usually stop feeding once Spring arrives, but the birds seem hungry & are active at the feeders.

Ogh, we got a few things for us too.
I saw a photo contest in my new Birds&Blooms magazine. If you're interested it's through country-magazine.com/photocontest. You probably already have dozens of beautiful photos of wildlife, scenery, or recreation.

Joey Arnetti

Hebburn, Tyne and Wear
Hello, nobody in particular.
Welcome to Tidgy's Dad's Cold Dark Room.
Not expecting a lot of visitors in this pointless place, but this is where I live now.
It's good in here.
If anyone does visit, please feel free to say what you want( within forum guidelines, of course) and I will be happy to be silly, slightly insult you or ignore you completely which you are most welcome to do to me.
I will of course venture out occasionally, when I think I can be useful or annoying, but otherwise I live here now.
No advertising, let's see who spots me.
This is where i belong.
Tidgy is most unconcerned.
Your mad in the nicest way possible.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
G’day all

Finally a nice warm sunny day & yes, our small group hit the water about 0900. Looky what I paddled up on...they are usually on logs & plop right in. But not this one.

Lots of bright reflections from my boat, but lots of color on this Painted Turtle

Attachments

• EC840F78-C77D-427B-9D7C-583357A077E3.jpeg
    EC840F78-C77D-427B-9D7C-583357A077E3.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 9676EEA7-C8D3-42A2-B758-C75827002FF9.jpeg
    9676EEA7-C8D3-42A2-B758-C75827002FF9.jpeg
    928.4 KB · Views: 3
  • A9FC2C57-FC1E-496C-A8E4-96DFDAD32454.jpeg
    A9FC2C57-FC1E-496C-A8E4-96DFDAD32454.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • FD1735E5-E2E0-4459-8BC9-CC5D9F4329D3.jpeg
    FD1735E5-E2E0-4459-8BC9-CC5D9F4329D3.jpeg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 3

Joey Arnetti

Hebburn, Tyne and Wear
Welcome....you have about a zillion posts & pix to get caught up on. Pull up a one legged stool & start reading.
Fresh out of one legged stools. Lol. But I do have a four wheeled wheelchair if that helps with extending leg tests. It's like having recliner chair, and coz it's a class 3 wheelchair I'm allowed on the cycle part of the road, I do send warning to friends and family that I'm going out, just so they can look out for crashes or police chases, it goes 6 miles an hour, n that's real fast for a wheelchair. Ha ha ha. What do I do to get to my zillion posts ? me n technology just dont mix well.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Fresh out of one legged stools. Lol. But I do have a four wheeled wheelchair if that helps with extending leg tests. It's like having recliner chair, and coz it's a class 3 wheelchair I'm allowed on the cycle part of the road, I do send warning to friends and family that I'm going out, just so they can look out for crashes or police chases, it goes 6 miles an hour, n that's real fast for a wheelchair. Ha ha ha. What do I do to get to my zillion posts ? me n technology just dont mix well.

This thread has about 7886 pages of Great Info Fun n Games. Go back to page 1 and read fast. Test on Monday.

ogh yes, and roughly 157,714 individual posts...so read quickly.

Last edited:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
G’day all

Finally a nice warm sunny day & yes, our small group hit the water about 0900. Looky what I paddled up on...they are usually on logs & plop right in. But not this one.

Lots of bright reflections from my boat, but lots of color on this Painted Turtle

I forgot to say that on the way home from paddling, I stopped at Tropic Bay (all things koi, water plants) and bought two Water Hyacinth and two Bullfrog tadpoles for my water garden....yeah. More things to take care of.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hello hello! Arrow just made it through his first year with me...and I knew nothing about taking GOOD care of a tank. How's your slithery friends and you getting along?
That’s good to hear that Arrow is doing well! My torts and my boa are all doing well, they have been getting a lot more attention due to me being at home:D

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
G’day all

Sounds like a lovely day...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That’s good to hear that Arrow is doing well! My torts and my boa are all doing well, they have been getting a lot more attention due to me being at home:D
Well... Sorry and get back to the other ones soon also. In the meantime, have fun. I find that my own little critters give me more insight then I can get from a stressed animal anyway.?