COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hi Ray and all my friends in the CDR. Here I am. I was busy with my pets, busy with the cats on vacation and busy with myself .....
But all is good. Torts are still growing and eating like little elephants. Dogs and cats are fine. The 4 young British Shorthair cats are really adorable !
Sheep are eating gras and pee and poo..... That`s what sheep do.:confused:
I actually have some new problems with my left leg but it is getting better these days.
Tomorrow I send a parcel to Adam like I did last year too. The last one, last year was 1 month on it`s way until Adam received it.:eek: SNAIL POST !!!!!
Hello. I haven't seen you on the list yet.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I`ve seen "my" beautiful Heather !!!!!!!!!!:):<3::<3::<3: What a lovely picture of you and your hubby !:<3:
Thank you Sabine! I’m sorry to read of more physical troubles... I wish they would all disappear like the grass on your farm!
You know I’d Love to see pictures of those sheep and kitty’s and dinosaurs and all the rest:)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's a beautiful sunny Indian Summer day here. Saphire is outside soaking up some rays without the intense heat we had this past summer. That makes my day and his when I can get him out. He always looks at me when I go into his room pleading and begging with his beautiful little eyes to go outside. He even stands up as tall as he can to help me pick him up... I hate it when I can't.
Right now I can't pick up Opo. It's been about 2 or 3 weeks now. He is to big to use one hand. With the sore on the other I can't put my prosthetic arm on. Good thing my wife comes to the rescue.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hi Ray and all my friends in the CDR. Here I am. I was busy with my pets, busy with the cats on vacation and busy with myself .....
But all is good. Torts are still growing and eating like little elephants. Dogs and cats are fine. The 4 young British Shorthair cats are really adorable !
Sheep are eating gras and pee and poo..... That`s what sheep do.:confused:
I actually have some new problems with my left leg but it is getting better these days.
Tomorrow I send a parcel to Adam like I did last year too. The last one, last year was 1 month on it`s way until Adam received it.:eek: SNAIL POST !!!!!
Great to hear from you and all your animals are doing well.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Great morning searching for shark’s teeth. Bright blue sky, sunny, warm. But to fossils!

Switching gears, what do think, killing one species of owl to save another..

https://apnews.com/69730cac7ade4f73...Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
Difficult one. The successful species is invasive due to climate change by the looks of things. What really needs to be dine is to redress the damage done to the environment so the balance is redressed, but by the time that happens one species would be extinct. Every time a species goes extinct, the blance of nature is affected a little more. It’s a catch 22 situation.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all from a very soggy corner of the UK. (Not that there’s much unity in our kingdom given what’s going on politically at the moment :( )

The weekend involved sport. Needless to say we couldn’t watch all of it!
  • 4 Rugby world cup quarter finals to keep up with... England beat Australia (Yay!) and will play New Zealand in the semi final who beat Ireland ( :( ). Wales beat France (Yay!) and will play South Africa in the Semi Final (Yay for Carol) who beat Japan. Carol and I will be on opposing sides next weekend
  • JoesDad and I went to see his football team, Luton Town FC, beat Bristol City on Saturday
  • And Andy Murray won his first tournament since 2017 and hip surgery this year :)

We also visited the in-laws yesterday which was a bit stressful, but we survived.

I am going to leave this graphic with you which I think is rather horrifying. Halloween costumes alone in the UK equate to 83 million single use plastic coca cola bottles being discarded. Think about that and then add on all the other plastic things that get bought and discarded the same month: fake web, fake pumpkins, decorations, etc. Then multiply it up by all the other countries on this poor polluted planet. Is the way Halloween is currently celebrated really worth killing the planet for?

76EAE638-D7BF-4FD2-BB40-F4EFDC4DDA7A.jpeg

Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning & happy Friday! Hubby, son, and I are headed into Arkansas today for some camping on the banks of the Red River.. taking sandwiches and ATV’s..... bound to be a good time:) I’ll try and get a few scenery pics for y’all..

also, put together a little collage of my new puppy and parents.. she’s just a newborn yet so the pictures aren’t much but I’m in love already..
her name is Cinder for sure.. Son already picked out and engraved the ID tag:) I am told that she is the runt in the litter but I don’t care. I feel like she picked me instead of the other way round.

View attachment 282284
aahhh She is lovely.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello all! I haven't been online much lately, but I wanted to drop in and let you know I'm okay... We're okay... Household is okay right now. Mostly just waiting out Mother Nature at this point. Tropical storm force winds should be arriving here after midnight. This one should move through quickly, though, and it isn't severe enough to warrant evacuation. Thank goodness.
Take care, all.
Hi Ya Anne. Glad to see that you are okay. All good on my side as well, especially for the torts. They are enjoying summer time.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning everyone, hope you all have a good weekend . Well after 2 days of nursing my therapy pains. I will finally fix the power washer today. Wife will be happy because she wants to power wash the driveway. I suggested let's just pay someone.
That is what my husband would do too. Pay someone else to do it as well.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
All mainstream mobile browsers support javascript, as it is still used on the majority of sites. https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/cp-javascript/all/all

Is this the 'like confirmation' you are referring to?
Et18com.png
Yes that is it.