COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Maybe the administrators would agree to be go betweens to preserve their privacy. We add a stamp to the card and send it in a second envelope that has its own. The administrators could then address the envelope and put it into the mail! It is extra work for them though
If anyone wants to send a card to Adam (Tidgy's Dad) and you don't know his address, you can send them to me:
Yvonne Gomez
P.O. Box 2563
Clovis, CA 93613
I'll save them up and put them all into a manila envelope and send them along to him. But I think I need to receive them by November 15th. That will be my deadline.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Maybe the administrators would agree to be go betweens to preserve their privacy. We add a stamp to the card and send it in a second envelope that has its own. The administrators could then address the envelope and put it into the mail! It is extra work for them though
I would do that and add extra for my card to help cover the expense if an administrator has the time to handle it. I wouldn't want to burden them with extra work though unless they like the idea.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If anyone wants to send a card to Adam (Tidgy's Dad) and you don't know his address, you can send them to me:
Yvonne Gomez
P.O. Box 2563
Clovis, CA 93613
I'll save them up and put them all into a manila envelope and send them along to him. But I think I need to receive them by November 15th. That will be my deadline.
Yep. With bells on.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Okay, finally able to post some pics for you guys. I forgot to take a picture of the place we were staying in, but I got some nice pics of The catholic church St'Jsoeph's Catholic Church, the beach, an unusual flower (I don't know what it is called) and a lizard and bird (Which I presume is a common one )

Sunset from the balcony of where we stayed:

View attachment 282549

Kommetijie beach:

View attachment 282550

View attachment 282551

View attachment 282552

The pretty flower:

View attachment 282553

View attachment 282554

St'Joseph's Catholic Church. This is where My Mom's ashes are kept. I haven't been here in years and it was nice to see that she was finally put on the wall of remembrance:

View attachment 282555

View attachment 282556

View attachment 282557

View attachment 282558

The lizard was visiting the wall of remembrance and having a nice snack on the ants on the wall.

View attachment 282559

The bird on the beach:

View attachment 282560
What a beautiful way to go back and visit. The last Christmas present my mom bought me was a necklace. It was a dove charm. Later in the year at her funeral a bird sat on a limb above her and would not shut up. I couldn't even hear the preacher because of that bird. The truth is that little bird gave me more anyway.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Okay, finally able to post some pics for you guys. I forgot to take a picture of the place we were staying in, but I got some nice pics of The catholic church St'Jsoeph's Catholic Church, the beach, an unusual flower (I don't know what it is called) and a lizard and bird (Which I presume is a common one )

Sunset from the balcony of where we stayed:

View attachment 282549

Kommetijie beach:

View attachment 282550

View attachment 282551

View attachment 282552

The pretty flower:

View attachment 282553

View attachment 282554

St'Joseph's Catholic Church. This is where My Mom's ashes are kept. I haven't been here in years and it was nice to see that she was finally put on the wall of remembrance:

View attachment 282555

View attachment 282556

View attachment 282557

View attachment 282558

The lizard was visiting the wall of remembrance and having a nice snack on the ants on the wall.

View attachment 282559

The bird on the beach:

View attachment 282560
Gorgeous pictures Carol.
Your mum was quite young when you lost her and you must have been a youngster yourself.
I'm sure she would be very proud of everything you've achieved though.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning everyone, one more day and my mother in law returns to the Philippines until Feb. She has been such a great help for my wife and I. Hopefully she will return but all her family is there. She says she is returning but I said to her I wanted her to be happy and don't feel obligated. She doesn't drive so her life style is quite different here.
I'm sure she's had a great time with you and Rose, and will miss you both as much as you'll miss her.
I hope she has a safe journey home.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon evening all - I'm back again with even more catching up to do!
I've had a mountain of school work to do the last couple of weeks and visitors the last 2 weekends so not had much time to pop in.
The trouble is when I do pop in I can easily lose a couple of hours so I've had to be strict with myself!
I hope everyone is well, but I will attempt to read as many of your past posts as possible.
If there's any big news please let me know as it may take a while for me to find it for myself.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
LOL, sounds a bit like here, maybe not so extreme, but you can dress for summer in the morning and then later will need to add on clothes as if it is winter. (well in winter time that is.) In summer time it is just plain hot and a person cannot take off enough clothes to get cool. It sucks being a woman in summer time here. I prefer winter.
This past summer I had to wait for mid afternoon to carry Saphire outside to his outdoor enclosure. It was so hot! I could only get him a few hours a day in sunlight. But he did get it. That's pretty bad when it could cook a tortoise. My outside ground temps were showing 129°f in his enclosure in the mornings. Later it would cool to around 95°f. Still too hot for me but he could sit under his little tree and he enjoyed it.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good afternoon evening all - I'm back again with even more catching up to do!
I've had a mountain of school work to do the last couple of weeks and visitors the last 2 weekends so not had much time to pop in.
The trouble is when I do pop in I can easily lose a couple of hours so I've had to be strict with myself!
I hope everyone is well, but I will attempt to read as many of your past posts as possible.
If there's any big news please let me know as it may take a while for me to find it for myself.
Hello hello hello! I figured you were so busy going back to work and teaching that you really didn't have a lot of extra time. I'm just really glad though to "not see you" yet see you.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
All mainstream mobile browsers support javascript, as it is still used on the majority of sites. https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/cp-javascript/all/all

Is this the 'like confirmation' you are referring to?
Et18com.png
I get that occasionally, but not enough that it annoys me - hopefully it will stay that way.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Sully’s new and improved RHP arrived yesterday afternoon. I should now be able to finish up the new nightbox and get Sully moved inside for Winter.

View attachment 282402
I've been looking at those for a new indoor hide for Lola.
At the moment he has the central heating on all night with a che, but I want to reduce my bills so I've been looking at a bigger hide with a RHP on a thermostat inside it.
I'm nervous about finding the right sort and wattage though so will be looking for any advice I can get.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi Ray and all my friends in the CDR. Here I am. I was busy with my pets, busy with the cats on vacation and busy with myself .....
But all is good. Torts are still growing and eating like little elephants. Dogs and cats are fine. The 4 young British Shorthair cats are really adorable !
Sheep are eating gras and pee and poo..... That`s what sheep do.:confused:
I actually have some new problems with my left leg but it is getting better these days.
Tomorrow I send a parcel to Adam like I did last year too. The last one, last year was 1 month on it`s way until Adam received it.:eek: SNAIL POST !!!!!
Good to hear from you Bee, hope your leg is feeling much better now.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning & happy Friday! Hubby, son, and I are headed into Arkansas today for some camping on the banks of the Red River.. taking sandwiches and ATV’s..... bound to be a good time:) I’ll try and get a few scenery pics for y’all..

also, put together a little collage of my new puppy and parents.. she’s just a newborn yet so the pictures aren’t much but I’m in love already..
her name is Cinder for sure.. Son already picked out and engraved the ID tag:) I am told that she is the runt in the litter but I don’t care. I feel like she picked me instead of the other way round.

View attachment 282284
Aww!! Congratulations!
They have such funny faces!
They do snore loudly though!!
I believe they are very prone to heat stroke too.
My sister was looking after her friend's bull dog a couple of summers ago, and took it out for walk, brought it home and made sure it drank lots of water, then left it indoors while she went out and sadly it had died by the time she got back. The vet said it was heatstroke, my sister was devastated and it was very upsetting for her friends family too.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Back to reality! Just had a beatiful week in Rodanthe, NC on Hatteras Island. I got an awesome moonrise with rods and a rough surf with a rod. Lots of fishing very little catching! Arabella our 10 month old Chow Chow really enjoyed the cooler temps at the beach- she is showing off her stretching ability please not the orientation of both ends! Wife wanted beach front so I booked it! The Noreaster that snuck it maybe the house even more ocean fronty!

View attachment 282177 View attachment 282178 View attachment 282179 View attachment 282180 View attachment 282181
Beautiful place, even more beautiful and very supple dog!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning everyone, one more day and my mother in law returns to the Philippines until Feb. She has been such a great help for my wife and I. Hopefully she will return but all her family is there. She says she is returning but I said to her I wanted her to be happy and don't feel obligated. She doesn't drive so her life style is quite different here.
She'll be back. She's a mother having her fun and checking on everyone at the same time...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
We stayed at a Marriott resort and I loved their pillows. So I went to their website and bought 2 for 140 bucks. Obviously not the same pillow. After 2 weeks the fill compacted and it was like all my other pillows.

Made the same mistake again after buying some from Holiday Inn.
I don't know whats been going on in my absence but I come back to find Ray having pillow talk with Yvonne and Ellie!!;)