COLD DARK ROOM

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ottawa, Ontario
Good evening, roommates!

Copenhagen has a wonderful science museum called Experimentarium. We had a tour with husband’s university yesterday.

Amazing for kids.

A total sensory overload for me. [emoji856]

IMG_0424.jpg

In the first part of the tour, we had to explore the museum in teams to find answers to some questions about the exhibits, some of which were quite tricky. We won the first prize with our team! And were awarded a bottle of... soap bubbles. [emoji85]

My favorite exhibit was a laser harp — you could play it by touching the beams of light.

The other had a strong flash that made your shadow freeze on the wall. Fortunately, mine returned to me quickly and nobody had to sew it back. :rolleyes:

The museum is located next to one of the two Danish beer giants.

IMG_0457.jpg

And, of course, we had rain. And a faint rainbow. No leprechauns in sight though.

IMG_0458.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good evening, roommates!

Copenhagen has a wonderful science museum called Experimentarium. We had a tour with husband’s university yesterday.

Amazing for kids.

View attachment 267067

In the first part of the tour, we had to explore the museum in teams to find answers to some questions about the exhibits, some of which were quite tricky. We won the first prize with our team! And were awarded a bottle of... soap bubbles. [emoji85]

My favorite exhibit was a laser harp — you could play it by touching the beams of light.

The other had a strong flash that made your shadow freeze on the wall. Fortunately, mine returned to me quickly and nobody had to sew it back. :rolleyes:

View attachment 267072

And, of course, we had rain. And a faint rainbow. No leprechauns in sight though.

View attachment 267073
You folks in Denmark drive on the right side of the road like us'ns do? Alright!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's a beautiful, sunny day here, but too breezy to spray Round-up on the weeds, so I'm not outside. But Mr. Kitty found a nice spot in the sun to warm up:

Mr. Kitty 3-11-19 a.jpg

I don't know how comfy laying on a rotting stump is, but he seems to be enjoying it. (His eyes are closed)

This is the area that's going to be my new driveway. I hate losing that large aloe you see just over the fence. Hopefully we can dig it up and transplant it.

And when I peeked around the shed, I was able to catch a large RES taking the sun:

RES a.jpg RES b.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening, roommates!

Amazing for kids.

View attachment 267067

View attachment 267072

View attachment 267073
I love hands on museums where you get to play with the exhibits.
We have Techniquest in Cardiff Bay.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's a beautiful, sunny day here, but too breezy to spray Round-up on the weeds, so I'm not outside. But Mr. Kitty found a nice spot in the sun to warm up:

View attachment 267077

I don't know how comfy laying on a rotting stump is, but he seems to be enjoying it. (His eyes are closed)

This is the area that's going to be my new driveway. I hate losing that large aloe you see just over the fence. Hopefully we can dig it up and transplant it.

And when I peeked around the shed, I was able to catch a large RES taking the sun:

View attachment 267079 View attachment 267080
They look very happy in the sun.
I hope you can move your plants too it would be such a shame to lose them.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good evening, roommates!

Amazing for kids.

View attachment 267067

View attachment 267072

View attachment 267073

Sounds like so much fun!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh YAYYYYY!!! So when can you plant it? I love seeing everything start to bloom!
We have lots of drainage problems because our property is so sloped. I would like retaining walls one day.. figured they could double up as a tortoise fence:))) I don’t have to worry about rattle snakes so much but we have copperheads and cotton mouths aplenty... I find the little ground rattlers a lot too.. One year, I found a crazy looking snake in the pool. I caught it and it had the worst odor ever. After some googling, it turned out to be a Texas mud snake. It was actually very pretty. I just re-located it..
Do you have room for pet geese or chickens? It's funny to watch snakes get the heck out of Dodge when a big bird is eyeballing them.