COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good evening, roommates!

Copenhagen has a wonderful science museum called Experimentarium. We had a tour with husband’s university yesterday.

Amazing for kids.

A total sensory overload for me. [emoji856]

View attachment 267067

In the first part of the tour, we had to explore the museum in teams to find answers to some questions about the exhibits, some of which were quite tricky. We won the first prize with our team! And were awarded a bottle of... soap bubbles. [emoji85]

My favorite exhibit was a laser harp — you could play it by touching the beams of light.

The other had a strong flash that made your shadow freeze on the wall. Fortunately, mine returned to me quickly and nobody had to sew it back. :rolleyes:

The museum is located next to one of the two Danish beer giants.

View attachment 267072

And, of course, we had rain. And a faint rainbow. No leprechauns in sight though.

View attachment 267073
Love the first pic. Must be the harp. And so glad your shadow returned to you. Did you by any chance hear any clocks ticking?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's a beautiful, sunny day here, but too breezy to spray Round-up on the weeds, so I'm not outside. But Mr. Kitty found a nice spot in the sun to warm up:

View attachment 267077

I don't know how comfy laying on a rotting stump is, but he seems to be enjoying it. (His eyes are closed)

This is the area that's going to be my new driveway. I hate losing that large aloe you see just over the fence. Hopefully we can dig it up and transplant it.

And when I peeked around the shed, I was able to catch a large RES taking the sun:

View attachment 267079 View attachment 267080
Love your place. So spacious.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
It's a beautiful, sunny day here, but too breezy to spray Round-up on the weeds, so I'm not outside. But Mr. Kitty found a nice spot in the sun to warm up:

View attachment 267077

I don't know how comfy laying on a rotting stump is, but he seems to be enjoying it. (His eyes are closed)

This is the area that's going to be my new driveway. I hate losing that large aloe you see just over the fence. Hopefully we can dig it up and transplant it.

And when I peeked around the shed, I was able to catch a large RES taking the sun:

View attachment 267079 View attachment 267080

Aw, everyone’s enjoying the sunshine. Pull up a chair, Yvonne! Misty and you might like it too. [emoji4]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Yes! I work from home and Winston’s enclosure is in my office. I run a humidifier there and in the main living area. It’s amazing what humidity does for our breathing up here come winter time.

I knew there was something about that reference to lungs in your username! Have you found an armadillo to sit on? Coffee? Or shall I call to the One-legged Pirate to fetch you something stronger?

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I do, but it’s complicated. We have one lot that puts us in a subdivision on a private lake. We are not supposed to have poultry, live stock, etc.. but then we also own 8 acres that connects to the lot but is not part of the subdivision... that’s how I get away with having my horses and such. I really want to get some mallards and put them on the lake but I’m scared some of the snotty neighbors will complain. I have raised chicken, peacock, turkeys, etc before we moved here but my husband doesn’t care for all that too much so I downsized when we married:) I love fresh eggs but always had to buy them when I was cooking for him [emoji37]
On another note, I usually get warned by the Jays when a snake is lurking. My Tom cat is also Lethal to them!

Glad you have your squad after all.
Not cool on the neighbors :(