COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Still more painting the exterior trim on our house, up at the roof level. Break time....looking at some old photos, deleting some old ones...and found this close up of Sully’s cute lil face..enjoying some hibiscus.

View attachment 255088
That should be a calendar competition entry!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Am I missing the point here? There was a BIG HURRICANE that crossed over Mexico and then changed to heavy rain and wind, moving across Texas and heading to the east coast. I've watched several news stories and all they talk about is the rain falling on already flooded and rainy east coast. Well what about the poor folks in Mexico that just lived through a HURRICANE? Nothing at all is being reported about what happened to Mexico.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Am I missing the point here? There was a BIG HURRICANE that crossed over Mexico and then changed to heavy rain and wind, moving across Texas and heading to the east coast. I've watched several news stories and all they talk about is the rain falling on already flooded and rainy east coast. Well what about the poor folks in Mexico that just lived through a HURRICANE? Nothing at all is being reported about what happened to Mexico.
Unfortunately, that seems to be par for the course with news coverage of hurricanes in Mexico, even the really bad, devastating ones. I hate to say it, but I think the only reason Puerto Rico got the news coverage and attention they did last year is because they are a U.S. territory, and one that is close by geographically to the mainland U.S.

When I lived in the UK, I was far more cognizant of what was going on in the world. In the U.S. mainland, we are isolated, both by oceans and by hours of time zones in both directions.

Our neighbor to the south doesn't get much attention from the U.S. unless there's something considered a threat. I hate to say it, but that's the way it seems.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Unfortunately, that seems to be par for the course with news coverage of hurricanes in Mexico, even the really bad, devastating ones. I hate to say it, but I think the only reason Puerto Rico got the news coverage and attention they did last year is because they are a U.S. territory, and one that is close by geographically to the mainland U.S.

When I lived in the UK, I was far more cognizant of what was going on in the world. In the U.S. mainland, we are isolated, both by oceans and by hours of time zones in both directions.

Our neighbor to the south doesn't get much attention from the U.S. unless there's something considered a threat. I hate to say it, but that's the way it seems.
Sadly, that's true. When i worked in New Zealand the people there had a much broader knowledge of what's going on all over the world including the US. I'm sorry to say that American news media (and therefore Americans) are pretty egotistic: it's only "important" if it impacts America or Americans somehow. :( Not many people see we are just part of a larger whole.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

The BBC is reporting on it here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-45944234