COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I will have to see if they have pork and beans and try it. We do tuna and mayonaise. Not sure if that is the same as creamed tuna. I presuming it is. But I prefer the tuna and mayo on nice fresh bread.
Creamed tuna would be tuna in a white sauce. Prepare a white sauce, add the tuna and serve over toast.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
10051000029512_A1C1.jpg

This is very popular here, however, we don't serve it with toast.

I did an image search for beans and toast, and it looks like the same beans:

View attachment 237678

For some reason, that just doesn't look appetising to me. Next time I buy Pork 'n Beans, I'll have to serve it over toast and see if I like it. I DO like creamed tuna over toast. Have that at least twice a month.

It looks the same kind of beans. In the UK we can buy baked beans with pork sausages in the can as well.

Classic though is just the beans and served over toast. Yum! Top with a little grated cheddar cheese for a treat :)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It looks the same kind of beans. In the UK we can buy baked beans with pork sausages in the can as well.

Classic though is just the beans and served over toast. Yum! Top with a little grated cheddar cheese for a treat :)
o-O looks like I am going to need to dip into my torts substrate stash!!![emoji33] [emoji33]

Bee62

Germany
Hello folks, I was busy today. :)Mowed the gras in my garden und cleaned the patio.:) Cuddled a lot with cats and sheep. Cleaned the stable of the chicken and sheep.
--- Enough for the week I think.:D Tomorrow is my work free day !
I scheduled to make a trip with my 40 year old car.:D
Hopefully I will arrive with my oldie:eek::eek::eek: Please wish me luck.:rolleyes:
Prayers and good vibrations are welcome....:rolleyes:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Funny ! The world is so big but people have same habits or sayings around the globe !
I was thinking that about this...

Yeah ! That is really yummy ! I love Heinz Baked Beans in tomato sauce !

I wasn’t surprised that the very British Baked Bean was eaten on South Africa in the same way as it is here... SA has the history of being a former British colony after all.

I am surprised about Germany! I can only blame our military bases in your country for their influence!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello folks, I was busy today. :)Mowed the gras in my garden und cleaned the patio.:) Cuddled a lot with cats and sheep. Cleaned the stable of the chicken and sheep.
--- Enough for the week I think.:D Tomorrow is my work free day !
I scheduled to make a trip with my 40 year old car.:D
Hopefully I will arrive with my oldie:eek::eek::eek: Please wish me luck.:rolleyes:
Prayers and good vibrations are welcome....:rolleyes:

Good luck with the journey... and with a 40 year old vehicle you definitely need “good” vibes... bad ones could indicate abad mechanical problem!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yay me and my hubby been married for 9 years! Does that mean the hard times are past?

Surviving 7 years is supposed to mean that you’re through the worst of it. You have learned how to cope with the rockier patches together .

There are no guarantees. My parents separated after over 30 years... though, knowing what I do now about my late father, I wonder how Mum put up with him so long.

We got married in 1990 which seems an impossibly long time because I cannot be that old :D

DE42

Surviving 7 years is supposed to mean that you’re through the worst of it. You have learned how to cope with the rockier patches together .

There are no guarantees. My parents separated after over 30 years... though, knowing what I do now about my late father, I wonder how Mum put up with him so long.

We got married in 1990 which seems an impossibly long time because I cannot be that old :D
1990 that's the year I was born.