COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
It was very poor timing for the apps to break during the calendar voting period.
Blame Apple for that too. :rolleyes:

They cancelled all apps not written to the most modern standard on the iOS11 release date... which just happened to be the day voting started.

In order to fix the iOS app, Josh had to make changes that broke the Android app too. So both had to be rewritten.

I get why Apple did it, and they warned everyone for months that the app would break. I don't think it was realised how much impact losing the apps would have on the forum.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Blame Apple for that too. :rolleyes:

They cancelled all apps not written to the most modern standard on the iOS11 release date... which just happened to be the day voting started.

In order to fix the iOS app, Josh had to make changes that broke the Android app too. So both had to be rewritten.

I get why Apple did it, and they warned everyone for months that the app would break. I don't think it was realised how much impact losing the apps would have on the forum.

Good morning Linda. How are you all? Fine, I hope.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Doing well thank you Gillian... as long as I ignore the cold, gloomy weather outside!

I hope all is well with you and Oli
So far so good, thank you.

Oh I know what you mean as far as the weather is concerned. Here in Amman temperature dropped to only 21 degrees C during the day, and only 14 at night. It rained for about 10 minutes. We need that: Jordan is very scarce in water. (Prayers even take place for rain, @Tidgy's Dad mentioned this once). How cold is it back there?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
So far so good, thank you.

Oh I know what you mean as far as the weather is concerned. Here in Amman temperature dropped to only 21 degrees C during the day, and only 14 at night. It rained for about 10 minutes. We need that: Jordan is very scarce in water. (Prayers even take place for rain, @Tidgy's Dad mentioned this once). How cold is it back there?
The thermometer says 12C, but with the dampness it feels colder

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
The thermometer says 12C, but with the dampness it feels colder
Wow! That is cold, especially when considering that it's "day temperature."

I feel sorry for torts when it gets cold; even if they could hibernate. Oli's lamp is on "all day long" so as to say.

How's Joe's Dad and your daughter?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Wow! That is cold, especially when considering that it's "day temperature."

I feel sorry for torts when it gets cold; even if they could hibernate. Oli's lamp is on "all day long" so as to say.

How's Joe's Dad and your daughter?
It's average for the UK. It will get a lot colder yet.

Daughter is currently in Rapallo on the Italian riviera and heading for Nice in France today. We didn't get photos yesterday. She's having a greta time on this tour. The tour group is all youngsters in their mid twenties so they're getting on well.... Well there's one who insists on telling everyone that he's on a spiritual journey, but the party is big enough for him not to be inflicted on anyone for too long :D

JoesDad is enjoying the warmer climes of Majorca (mid twenties C by day)... and tomorrow evening I shall be there too. Yay! We come back on Friday.

Bee62

Germany
The next afternoon, as soon as Mrs wifey had gone to work, Mr Adam lifted the tortoise up from her balcony and carried it inside. All he had to do now was find one that was a shade smaller, so that it would just go through the door of the little house.
He chose one and lowered it down with his tortoise-catcher.Then, still gripping the tortoise, he he tested it to see if it would go through the door.
It wouldn't.
He chose another.

View attachment 220030

Again he tested it. this one went through nicely. Good

Page 48

WALDO ! I saw the Tidge !:D

Bee62

Germany
Yuk! That's miserable. :(

Yes, it is.:(
When I was a child I have cystitis every spring.:eek: Why ? Because when the earliest sunray comes out, I dragged of my shoes to go barefooted.... I love to go barefooted, even now as I am old:oops:.. and sometimes I have to "pay" for that love:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
But as you can see, I take it with a big smile:D