Coffee Table Finished!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abclements

5 Year Member
Alright guys! Here it is! I'm pretty excited about it! The pictures don't do it justice but I still want to share them with you! As always, if you have any suggestions, I more than welcome them! :)

Early stages: After Plexiglassing the sides and putting in the plastic liner.

CAM00054.jpgCAM00055.jpg

Finished product:

CAM00057.jpgCAM00056.jpgCAM00058.jpg

If you remember my last enclosure from a little while ago, I kept the waterfall, the fake plants, and the dirt hide but added a couple live plants. Franklin really seems to like it! So hopefully it stays nice for a while before he tramples everything lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
WOW!!! That looks really great! And an inspired use of a re-purposes coffee table! How is the enclosure ventilated? (I'm assuming the glass table top is in place?)

S

Svetlana'smom

Wow that looks great - I love the creativity of alot of the members

abclements

5 Year Member
Moozilion said:
WOW!!! That looks really great! And an inspired use of a re-purposes coffee table! How is the enclosure ventilated? (I'm assuming the glass table top is in place?)

One of the pieces of glass isn't on top because of the heat lamp, also i broke parts of the plexi on the sides on accident so those work nicely for cords and vents :) gotta see the good in mistakes lol

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Really good idea. How long do you think it will be before he outgrows the space?

Mich

5 Year Member
Looks amazing!!! LOVE it!! :) My only concern would be ventilation and the clear sides (I've rear clear sides make them try to escape as they dont understand invisable barriers and can cause dmg to the tort..?).

abclements

5 Year Member
Thanks guys!! Im really excited about it!! Im pretty sure franklin loves it too :)

Mich said:
Looks amazing!!! LOVE it!! :) My only concern would be ventilation and the clear sides (I've rear clear sides make them try to escape as they dont understand invisable barriers and can cause dmg to the tort..?).

Im keeping my eye on him. Ive read the same thing but ive also read that it varies tort by tort. He doesnt seem to be trying to escape yet.

sibi said:
Really good idea. How long do you think it will be before he outgrows the space?

Im hoping that it will last a couple of years at least... maybe till hes 6 inches or so

Sezdawg

5 Year Member
At the rate you change you're enclosures you'll have a bigger one in two weeks haha

Status
Not open for further replies.