Finished Decorating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Okay here is the almost finished enclosure... just waiting for the plants to have a chance to grow and need to put the plexi glass doors in, get the heat emitters and fill the pond. Want to make sure all fumes are gone. The linolium still is giving off somewhat of an odor.

004.jpg

Forest side with a pond and waterfall in the corner:
005-1.jpg

meadow side with hide, planted weeds/flowers and grass:
010.jpg

warm/moist/dark hide:
012.jpg

and a couple pictures of Sid for sizing (he is sitting on his feeding area):
018.jpg

015.jpg

suggestions welcomed. Want to get it right before putting him in! :D Have already added a couple worms but waiting for the front doors before adding the roly-poly's and millipides (don't want them getting out too easily . lol:D)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whow! That's very nice. I'm sure he's going to love it.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks! I had alot of fun building it and decorating it. Now I am looking at building an outside enclosure... lol.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Jessica your vivarium is so great and I love, love , love that waterfall. A word of caution....I put about 10 pill bugs in Solo's enclosure, and in a few months I had to change the substrate as the viv was over-run with them. I thought she would eat them because Pio ate anything that moved, but she never ate them and they took over the whole viv. They were even in her hide and when I saw a few crawling on her, and she was rubbing her eye, that's when I changed the substrate. In the boxies vivarium, I keep adding them as they will dig all over the place to get them. I didn't put any in Pio's viv as she's so big now and eats all her food and never leaves any, so I wouldn't need them. I know she wouldn't eat the pill bugs and they would just multiply. Just saying what happened to me.

DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter

5 Year Member
Ohio
That is outstanding !!!!!! I'd love to see some video of the waterfall setup whe you have it all going, excellent job !!!!!!! Jessicap !!!!!!

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks everyone. I figure living in the North, Sid will need to be inside most of the time so wanted it to be as close to outside as possible.

Terry thanks for the info. I put a couple roly-polys and millipides in his current enclosure to see how it goes. I was also thinking of getting a green anole to put in with him to help keep the bug populations down. If anyone knows what eats those little wood lice I could use suggestions on keeping them to a minimum, would an anole eat them? And I am using the bugs and worms more for Poo control than food... my hermit crabs help with the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.