Terrys finished outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

PregnantWasp

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool, UK
I managed to build Terry his own outdoor run, brickwork might not be "top notch" but for a first attempt I think I did well :D Finished putting the plants in and my dog (Molly) decided to jump in and dig them up :( I could have murdered her as you can imagine!! If theres anything you can see that I have missed please let me know. Btw, I have a plastic mesh that goes ontop when I'm not outside with him. Just waiting for some nice warm sun :tort:

Here the finished product
B2h6p.jpg

and here he is trying to escape before I put the extra courses atop
02iW2.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Very cool...just don't let the dog in that area...lol....I have a dog that will literally watch me when I am weeding and come over and start pulling them as well...problem is he does not truly understand yest which are bad weeds and so anything in the yard is an item to remove...lol...good luck and yes, a beautiful tort...

PregnantWasp

5 Year Member
Liverpool, UK
Evening and a big thank you to all that took the time to respond, glad you like it, keep you posted on how we get on. Thanks again.

Riggers

5 Year Member
Liverpool, UK
Hi All, Just a quick one to let you know Terry is doing real good, he's a nosy thing, loves nothing better than to try and climb over anything, often getting himself into trouble and in the "flipped over" position, causing me to nearly have heart failure :rolleyes:
I'm Georges Mum btw, he's flown the nest to University and so I have to learn to use this forum myself with no help from him, so please forgive any mistakes I make :(
I will no doubt be asking questions and looking forward to your replies.
Cheers Elaine

Riggers

5 Year Member
Liverpool, UK
Hi All, Just a quick one to let you know Terry is doing real good, he's a nosy thing, loves nothing better than to try and climb over anything, often getting himself into trouble and in the "flipped over" position, causing me to nearly have heart failure :rolleyes:
I'm Georges Mum btw, he's flown the nest to University and so I have to learn to use this forum myself with no help from him, so please forgive any mistakes I make :(
I will no doubt be asking questions and looking forward to your replies.
Cheers Elaine

M

Maggie Cummings

Get some potting soil and fill up the holes in the bricks then plant succulents in them...

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I was going to suggest that. If he likes to climb. Like mine does. The bricks that are on their side against the building need to be covered. That will be a problem. Otherwise looks fantastic..

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Very nice! I love the suggestion of planting in the holes, to curb climbing.
You did great!

Riggers

5 Year Member
Liverpool, UK
Thanks for the advice, been thinking over the summer how I can make it better, Next year I'm going to put coping stones on-top of the 3 sides, creating a lip the bricks that are on there side, probably put another course on, then 1 more with the bricks the right way for another lip as-well as closing those holes. Thanks all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.