Cocos habitat and life updates

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Yeah, that’s why I have only been talking about certain things about him...just updating on how he is if he’s the same or not! I’m letting him adjust!

And thanks I appreciate it! ??
Me not seeing him much now I can’t tell if he’s adjusting well or not cause I barely handle him now unless I’m soaking him...apparently they are known to be solo creatures expert during reproduction...it’s quite interesting ?
I guess only time will tell!! Hopefully by the new month I’ll have everything he needs so he can live a happy life with us ❤️❤️

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
I wetted cocos enclosure again today..he usually starts to come out from his enclosure by now but he’s still in there! ??

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Apparently he buried himself in the substrate this time and his eye slide are like This ??

Attachments

• B6DAC6CF-48B2-46DF-B693-EFBC08156FB4.jpeg
    B6DAC6CF-48B2-46DF-B693-EFBC08156FB4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • DF065BEC-C8C4-4DF0-AF3C-6E715A7B072B.jpeg
    DF065BEC-C8C4-4DF0-AF3C-6E715A7B072B.jpeg
  • B1A93968-E353-4D49-9D4F-D2B1E32A5DD8.jpeg
    B1A93968-E353-4D49-9D4F-D2B1E32A5DD8.jpeg
  • 73784D55-9EDE-4BFB-B67A-9838349470C1.jpeg
    73784D55-9EDE-4BFB-B67A-9838349470C1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 16

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
What interesting behavior...never seen it before...he was stretching his neck up high! Has anybody ever seen this?

I didn’t get a chance to take pic but I will eventually!

harrythetortoise

Virginia
What interesting behavior...never seen it before...he was stretching his neck up high! Has anybody ever seen this?

I didn’t get a chance to take pic but I will eventually!

I sometimes catch my tortoise doing that too, especially after waking up in the morning. I guess it's kind of similar to how humans stretch too?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
They are so cute :)
How are Coco's eyes?
They sure are! Coco cracks me up all the time! ?? he’s a sweetheart ❤️
Sometimes I scare him and he sticks his head inside his sell but then he stretches feet out especially while basking! The most adorable thing I have ever seen!!

Working on getting his eyes fixed!

I have a suspicion it’s the light...and I’m considering even getting something else for his substrate...but we’ll see! Light first!
I’m going to get put chicken wire so I can put his lights above like a glass enclosure! ??

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
They sure are! Coco cracks me up all the time! ?? he’s a sweetheart ❤
Sometimes I scare him and he sticks his head inside his sell but then he stretches feet out especially while basking! The most adorable thing I have ever seen!!

I have a suspicion it’s the light...and I’m considering even getting something else for his substrate...but we’ll see! Light first!
I’m going to get put chicken wire so I can put his lights above like a glass enclosure! ??

What substrate are you on now? And why havent you changed the light before, I thought that was pointed out the first day. And im sorry I havent kept up, but is it the basking light that might be the problem or do you have a coil UVB?

harrythetortoise

Virginia
They sure are! Coco cracks me up all the time! ?? he’s a sweetheart ❤

Keep us updated!

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
What substrate are you on now? And why havent you changed the light before, I thought that was pointed out the first day. And im sorry I havent kept up, but is it the basking light that might be the problem or do you have a coil UVB?
Ok so I got a light a while back...but @Tom suspects that the light is causing coco to having some eye problems and possibly noise issues too!

So I went to go see if I can order the lights from Home Depot but unfortunately that can’t deliver to my state due to regulation issues so I had to order them somewhere else...which now I’m starting to panic because it said I was receiving them today but I haven’t heard anything yet of delivery!! ?? he’s on coco coir and cybress mulch!

But now I’m thinking something like what sulcus torts have because idk if he maybe allergic or what!! ??? cause now his nose is also being affected! I been so frustrated all weekend with this..??

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
Ok so I got a light a while back...but @Tom suspects that the light is causing coco to having some eye problems and possibly noise issues too!

So I went to go see if I can order the lights from Home Depot but unfortunately that can’t deliver to my state due to regulation issues so I had to order them somewhere else...which now I’m starting to panic because it said I was receiving them today but I haven’t heard anything yet of delivery!! ?? he’s on coco coir and cybress mulch!

But now I’m thinking something like what sulcus torts have because idk if he maybe allergic or what!! ??? cause now his nose is also being affected! I been so frustrated all weekend with this..??

Have a search for Arcadia Solar Basking Flood light. You can get around the incadescent rule for the specific purpose of reptile lamps I believe. It is the same where I live anyway.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales

If you want to be scientific about it, you need to eliminate variables. At the moment it could be the coco, it could be the cypress mulch, it could be the light, or it could be something else. Start systematically eliminating 1 thing at a time. I would start by changing the light to a known quality bulb, if that doesnt work, then change the substrate, if that doesnt work then we have narrowed down the options at least.

harrythetortoise

Virginia

Have you been giving the eye drops every day? If there is no progress for a week, you could try the other eye drops another member originally suggested - the opthalmic gel?

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Have a search for Arcadia Solar Basking Flood light. You can get around the incadescent rule for the specific purpose of reptile lamps I believe. It is the same where I live anyway.

Yes, Tom suggested those but since a tub I have to create something on top of his Tub so for his light!!??

Crystallynda

Las Vegas
Have you been giving the eye drops every day? If there is no progress for a week, you could try the other eye drops another member originally suggested - the opthalmic gel?
I’m gonna try the gel next actually!!

The drops given to doctor didn’t work! ??

I should of sticked to my gut and just got the one suggested ?