Classic cars, trucks and motorcycles

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
It does, @Jacqui too. We have a couple ex truckers. I think Jacqui is an ex?
Really? I would remember that...circa 1990...new car...no bra on it yet...
272947924_1140228780134661_5771071410078967101_n.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Really? I would remember that...circa 1990...new car...no bra on it yet...
272947924_1140228780134661_5771071410078967101_n.jpg
Great pic. I take it you love red?
I think Jacqui's hubby was/is the truck driver but I think Jacqui would go with. I'm not sure if she ever drove or just was a passenger. Maybe neither, I may be remembering wrong. It may have just been her hubby.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
327. It has a 350 in it now. It was that way when I bought it. A 350 with a turbo 350 transmission. I was going to put the 409 in it. But I haven't got to it.
I have an LT1 in the IROC now, with all kinds of speed equipment, I have hand crank windows, and no electric seats or the like. This was made as a stripped down serious hot rod, and I have always treated it as such...

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I have an LT1 in the IROC now, with all kinds of speed equipment, I have hand crank windows, and no electric seats or the like. This was made as a stripped down serious hot rod, and I have always treated it as such...
Nice! We grew up in most oldsmobiles or Pontiac. My dad worked at a gm dealership for years and ordered the base model cars with inline 6's in them then threw hopped up v8's in them right after delivery. The one car he ordered with a V8 was before he worked at gm. It was a 1966 chevy II Nova with the 350hp 350. It didn't last long in there either. The week or so after he got it he put a built 409 in it and a lower set of gears. According to him and a few other relatives of the same age the car had enough power and torque to pick the front of the car off the ground with no hesitation. It was turned into a drag car. This is the only picture I have of it before the sub frame got twisted out of it.20200320_225256.jpg

innocent

Acton, Ca
Can honestly say I've never heard of them. But I'm not a motorcycle guy. And my dad loves Nortons so I know a little about them.

Matchless is British Iron, like Norton, made in London. Britain had hundreds of motorcycle companies pre and post World War 2 until the 1960s. I think Matchless still exists today, making scooters in India.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
She figured out how to use a bobby pin in the ignition...my Dad parked this car in an alley in SF every/all night... I was super young when my Dad called the cops on her...He was trying to give her a lesson, but I was most impressed with the "good" daughter stealing my Dad's car...And Yvonne...The black Pheoten w a 1946 not '36...
spelling is
wr

wrong but your friend google can't spell it....
Oh no, me lady. I'll argue this one to the death. They no longer made phaetons in the '40s. The black phaeton most certainly was a '36!

And I wasn't that inventive with hair supplies. . . I nicked my dad's keys while he was napping and had a couple ignition keys made. I THINK all his happened prior to my having a driving license. I was trying to remember what car I took the license test in, We only had the two phaetons and a big boat of a forty something Buick. I doubt it was the Buick. Can you picture a 16 year old teenager taking her driving test in a restored '36 Ford phaeton?

Last edited: